The Cannabis Growers Sales Consultant is responsible for expanding BlueSky sales with Licensed Cannabis Producers and Micro Cultivators in Western Canada. This will be a field-based position including travel as necessary and opportunity to work from the head office or home-based office. This position will be evaluated on the sales growth of BlueSky Organics Soils, Nutrients, and Grow Media, from commercial producers as well as wholesale and retail outlets that serve the cannabis growing industry. The Cannabis Growers Consultant will play a key role in supporting the technical sales of BlueSky products and will work collaboratively with other BlueSky staff and customers to ensure that the daily/weekly targets for customer growth and sales growth are being achieved.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to assess growing facilities and identify technical challenges and inefficiencies.
- Ability to consult other growers on cannabis yield, quality, and ROI as required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure with simultaneous deadlines.Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to use G-Suits, CRM or Microsoft platforms to work efficiently, create sales call plans and record sales call outcomes.
- Ability to seek out new opportunities and relationships in the industry.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Meet and exceed sales targets for specified products and customer segments
- Reflect on daily sales objectives, set personal goals and drive for achievement with minimal supervision.
- Travel to customer locations, explore, listen and understand customer challenges and sell BlueSky solutions.
- Be the technical expert in BlueSky products and related competing products.
- Prepare quotations for customers and provide technical expertise to turn quotations into sales.
- Integrate into the industry through new and existing relationships, social media, blogs and other mediums that expand the company's access to key decision-makers and buyers.
- Propose, support and manage the completion of multiple product trials through the cannabis growth cycle as a tool for gaining acceptance of BlueSky products with established growers.
- Share insight, expertise and market intelligence with BlueSky marketing and product development in order to enhance our product offer and competitive position in the market.
- Must have 5 years of cannabis cultivation experience, preferably in the Okanagan.
- Post Secondary Education or related industry certification.
- Proven experience in a sales role.
- Proficiency in English and use of MS Office and/or G Suites.
- Experience posting and following related social media platforms.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Punctual, organized, and professional.
- Familiarity with CRM practices would be considered an asset.
- Work from home opportunities
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programs
- Disability insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cannabis Cultivation: 5 years (Required)