Ready to join an up-and-coming, growth-focused Team, and do something that you actually LOVE?
Cooligan Martial Arts & Fitness is a forward-thinking, trendsetting martial arts studio focused on helping our members to become the best versions of themselves. Our programs focus on teaching self-protection, fitness, and valuable life skills.
We are expanding again and looking for an experienced, energetic, enthusiastic, and highly motivated Martial Arts Instructor to join our team of rockstars at Cooligan Martial Arts.
This role will be based in-studio and plays an integral part of our team. Our instructors lead classes of varying ages and experience through 45-minute martial arts sessions that include physical fitness, martial arts techniques, and life skills based curriculum.
As an Cooligan Martial Arts instructor, you will run group training sessions, assess members for belt testings, and build a community that keeps our members wanting to come back every day!
The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about working with kids and changing lives. They are outgoing, motivated, have great communication skills and are capable of delivering a high standard of customer service. Come work with a team that is helping kids learn valuable life skills that will set them up for success for the rest of their lives.
Are you ready to change some lives with our amazing team of Coaches? Learn more about our company at www.CooliganMartialArts.com
Compensation & Benefits!
- $18.00-$25.00 per Hour based on Experience
- Sales Commission for Hitting Retention & Progression Goals
- FREE Cooligan Martial Arts & Fitness Membership ($199 per Month Value) for you and an immediate family member.
- FREE Summer Camps for Your Children
- FREE apparel & Martial Arts Uniforms
- Paid Training & Paid Travel for Outside Training
- Consistent advancement opportunities as we continue to grow and open up new locations. The sky is the limit!
Job Duties Include:
- Deliver pre-designed classes to groups of up to 40 students
- Energize and motivate students throughout the session to become the best versions of themselves
- Build studio attendance and retain current clientele
- Consistent member outreach
- Ensure the safety of all students in regards to technique, spacing, and pairing up of students by size and ability.
- Modify specific techniques or exercises to accommodate different levels of skills and pre-existing conditions
- Designate 8-35 hours per week to the studio
- Collaborate with the Cooligan Martial Arts team in helping build the membership base and studio culture
- Assist admins when needed, with studio tours and sales
- Keep facilities emaculate
- MUST pass a criminal background check
- Intermediate knowledge of physiology, martial arts technique, and body mechanics
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Positive, motivating, and effective interpersonal skills
- Desire and capacity to train students of all levels and age
- CPR / AED Certification is a plus (We will pay for this if you do not have it)
- Preferably 1+ years of experience teaching groups in the martial arts or fitness industry
- High School Diploma Required
- Drivers License is an asset
We will only be reviewing applicants that submit a resume.
Learn more about us at: www.cooliganmartialarts.com
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 15-40 per week
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
Flexible language requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stittsville, ON K2S 1V6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)