We are a boutique employment law firm located in downtown Toronto that has been nationally recognized as one of the Top 10 Employment and Labour law firms year over year. Our firm is a team-orientated organization with a strong focus on a work-life balance as we believe that everyone’s wellbeing contributes to the strength and success of our growing firm.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant/Law Clerk to join our growing team!
If you have: incredible customer service, administrative and organizational skills, the ability to work as part of a team, and the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment, we are the right firm for you!
This is a full-time, permanent position, on a hybrid model from Monday to Friday.
- Minimum 2 years of legal assistant experience (litigation experience is preferred);
- Knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure, Rules of the Small Claims Court and HRTO Rules of Procedure;
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with clients, team members, and counsels;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Must work independently with little supervision;
- Well-organized, quick learner and proactive professional with a positive attitude and ability to prioritize tasks, workload and time;
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), and legal accounting software;
- Legal Assistant/ Law Clerk or Paralegal Diploma is a must.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Providing administrative and legal support to lawyers, and filling in for legal assistants/law clerks as needed;
- Proofreading, drafting, editing and preparing legal documents and correspondence (including motion records, pre-trial/mediation memos, pleadings, affidavits of documents, etc.);
- Opening and closing files;
- Communicating with clients, court, and counsel;
- Maintaining calendar for lawyers;
- Booking meetings, court appearances, consultations; Tracking deadlines and maintaining a follow-up system;
- Assisting with reception duties and incoming calls;
- Other administrative duties as required.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters. No phone calls, please.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M5H 3L5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure: 2 years (required)
- working as a legal assistant: 2 years (required)
- working with legal accounting program: 1 year (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M5H 3L5