“*Patient Transfer” Drivers - Class 4 BCDL*
We are seeking Drivers for our Patient Transfer Service to assist members of our communities transfer between medical facilities.
If you are looking for a career that you feel you could make a difference in, please read below!
A basic job, attracts basic pay – we believe that our crews should have the ability to increase their earnings if they wish - unlike many other employers, who ban / avoid higher paid overtime. Our established Patient Transfers Drivers can earn between $24 to $30 / hour [ we don’t pay new employees the same as those who are established and experienced ] several earn between $70k - $80k a year. That is from a compensation package that includes an annual Bonus, the opportunity for overtime, and a Group Benefits and RRSP Program eligibility. There is a CPI pay review each year in January.
We are happy to show you the amounts our current crews ACTUALLY receive [ T4 Amount ] and the hours they spend on the job [anonymously of course].
- Class 4 BC's Driver's License, with 5 years total driving experience
- A Driver's Abstract with no more than 3 points
- A current valid WSBC recognized First Aid qualification - Preferably OFA-III
- Pass a Criminal Record Check to work with children and vulnerable adults
- Vaccinations in accordance with the Immunization Policy for Health Care Workers
- Both doses of the Covid vaccination
We are the leading provider of non-emergency, patient transfers for medically stable patients throughout the Lower Mainland. Using our specially equipped fleet of Ambulances and Accessible vehicles, and ensuring they are transferred in a safe, compassionate and efficient manner.
Skills and Abilities: *
- Physically fit, ability to lift, push or pull 250+ lbs using a wheelchair, stretcher or stair chair with a partner.
- Ability to effectively communicate - in English - verbally, non-verbally and in writing
- A positive, can-do attitude, strong work ethic, and participation in what we do.
- Demonstrated and relevant customer service experience, or experience working with patients.
What our patients / customers say about our crews :
- Professional, courteous and really genuine people is all I have met during the 15 trips with this company over the last 2-1/2 months. ……. From the very first encounter with with Rob driving, and taking exceptional care of me & my wife......... I am so very impressed with the number of staff – Robin, Janet and so many others, who have been with you for many years. What shines through is that they really love what they are doing each day.”
All applicants will be required to complete a job application and participate in pre-employment testing.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for a prescreen interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00-$30.00 per hour
Work Location: Multiple Locations