- Oversees daily work of employees.
- Warns, disciplines, or terminates employees not working to company standards.
- Processes customer and client work orders.
- Enters customer and job information into computer database.
- Maintains work records and files.
- Assigns duties to shop workers.
- Assists in repair, construction, maintenance or other tasks involved in client work orders.
- Reviews work completed to ensure it is up to quality standards.
- Enforces all health and safety policies in the shop.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met.
- Assists employees in on-site health or safety emergencies.
- Ensures that shop area is clean, organized, and free of dangerous or hazardous material.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Possesses mechanical background
- Exhibits strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses solid analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrates awareness of all health and safety protocols.
- Is able to remain calm and clear-headed in an emergency.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Is able to multi-task effectively.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Possesses basic computer skills.
- Is able to read, interpret, and compose work orders.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Is capable of translating industry terminology into straightforward terms for explanatory purposes.
- Is qualified to operate heavy machinery.
Education and Experience
- Managerial or supervisory experience required.
- The majority of working hours will be spent in the job participating in and overseeing repairs and maintenance.
- Shift may vary from day to evenings.
- Weekend hours may be required.
- Standard 40-hour workweek applies, though overtime may be necessary.
- Some areas of the job site may be hazardous so protective gear should be worn when appropriate.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Shop Foreman: 4 years (Preferred)
- Welding: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fabrication: 3 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Skills: 3 years (Required)