Supports Through Dreaming Rainbow (STDR) has existed since 2014 as a non-profit organization that supports and creates opportunities of empowerment for individual, children and young adults, with disabilities across Stony Plain and St. Alberta, Alberta.
We believe and deliver Person-centered, Trauma-informed, Strength-based, Trust-based intervention as our best practices when supporting individuals who experience barriers to opportunity and access.
Human Resources Manager Description:
As an addition to the Agency’s Workforce Development and Management (WDM) Department, this full-time role will support the recruitment, on-boarding and scheduling process of every STDR Personnel.
Hours of Work: 20-25 hours/week.
The Human Resources Manager will be expected to have, and be able to:
Maintain Employee Relations and Life cycle
- Communicate professionally and respectfully with Individuals and their families we support, STDR Employees, and community representatives;
- Utilize recruitment, screening and assessment tools to conduct pre-employment screening: schedule interviews via cold calls, reference checks;
- Schedule and coordinate employment contractual sign-ups;
- Manage filing, data entry/tracking via Social Solutions (ETO Software/Apricot) and maintaining Employee, Program and Agency files;
- Support in maintaining staff schedules and bridge gaps in day-to-day challenges;
- Collaborate with WDM Personnel and Director to develop recruitment strategies: seek partnerships with recruiters and other platforms to recruit new hires;
- Support WDM Department processes: investigations, performance enrichment and progressive disciplinary actions, performance evaluations and exit interviews.
Ensure Agency compliance with Provincial and Federal Legislation
- Strong awareness and application of Employment Standards, Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB), Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S), and Alberta Human Rights Code;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Maintain Confidentiality and Privacy of Individuals, STDR Personnel and sensitive matters;
- Adhere to policies, procedures and commit to values and philosophies of STDR;
- Report to Workforce Development and Management (WDM) Management and Executive Management.
Provide Organizational Support
- Develops recruitment and retention strategies;
- Schedule and support in the preparation for meetings and appointments, interviews and training;
- Maintain Employee and Agency Databases;
Participate in ongoing learning to improve our agency’s best practices;
- Identifying opportunities of improvement in policy and procedure, system and overall practice;
- Support the maintenance and organization of the main office;
- Adherence and maintenance of Health and Safety of the main office;
- Support the management of Agency Social Media pages.
Position Requirements and Responsibilities
- Administrative Tasks
- Recruitment and On-boarding Management
- Organizational Duties and Support
- Social Media Management
- Qualities: flexible, able to work independently and within a team, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, open to change and eager to learn
The Human Resource Manager will be offered:
- Opportunities to grow within the agency;
- A diverse team of Employees from various backgrounds and experiences;
- Various In-house Agency training opportunities:
- SIVA (trauma-informed); Abuse Prevention; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; WHIMS; FOIP; Policy and Procedures; Documentation
- Health Benefits and Self-care days upon 6 months of employment and more!
- Over 2 years of Human Resources experience;
- Human Resources Post-secondary Diploma or Degree is preferred;
- Human Services and Social Sciences, Community and Disability Support Services;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office; ETO Software/Social Solutions (Apricot) would be an asset;
- Bilingual (English and French) is ideal;
- Clear Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Intervention Check;
- Class 5 Driver Licence and willing to obtain 2-million-dollar insurance;
- First Aid & CPR is preferred.
- 2-5 years or more of Administrative and Human Resource (HR) experience is required;
- Strong understanding of Employment Standards, Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) standards as well as PIPA and FOIP;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written is required;
- Knowledge of working in the disability field and with high-risk behaviours is preferred;
- Experience scheduling and working with Social Solutions and Scheduling is an asset.
Application Process & Closing
Ideal Start Date: As Soon As Possible
We thank all applicants who demonstrate their interest; however, only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be notified. Please submit a resume and Cover Letter via Indeed.
Please do not call. Applicants that submit their resume via email will be considered.
For more information about STDR
Facebook: Supports Through Dreaming Rainbow
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Parental leave
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $63,334.00-$77,408.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Human Resources: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Class 5 Driver's (Preferred)