Type: Temporary Seasonal (Unionized - CUPE Local 4960)
Work Location: Marina
Hours: Average of 36 hours bi-weekly (Friday through Sunday plus public holidays)
The Town of Arnprior is strategically located along the four-lane Trans Canada Highway just past the Ottawa border and is the first major stop in the Ottawa Valley. We offer the conveniences of an urban town with the beauty of nature that comes with being Where the Rivers Meet. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team and like to help make a difference in supporting the community, we encourage you to apply for the Marina Dockhand & Gasoline Attendant position for which we are currently recruiting.
The Marina Dock Hand & Gasoline Attendant is a temporary seasonal position reporting directly to the Operations Supervisor within the Operations Department. The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide customer service to the general public and seasonal/transient boaters by assisting users with the facilities and tying up and casting off boats;
- Answer general enquiries and provide information about Marina facilities, rates, Town services, events, amenities and tourist attractions;
- Collect and monitor receipt of payments for gasoline, dock, transient slips and boat launches;
- Maintain records, filling in registration forms and submitting daily reports;
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Marina grounds and buildings and perform weekly yard work;
- Assist with the annual set up and tear down of the Marina; and
- Perform inspections of Marina grounds, surrounding waterfront areas, property and facilities and undertake minor repairs, painting and maintenance as required.
The Marina season commences in May, continues until October, and is subject to weather and water level conditions. The successful candidate shall have current Standard First Aid, CPR-AED certification, previous experience in customer service and handling cash, a demonstrated ability to work independently and unsupervised, and the ability to obtain a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check prior to hire in accordance with Town policy. Previous experience with gas handling would be an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application in confidence by 3:00 PM (local time) on Wednesday April 1, 2020, quoting “Marina Dock Hand” attention to Jennifer Glofcheski, Human Resources Officer.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email the Human Resources Officer. Please be advised that internal candidate applications shall be processed first in accordance with the CUPE Local 4960 Collective Agreement. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection. The Town is committed to maintaining an equitable work environment and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.00 /hour