Do you enjoy coordinating, organising events and recruiting memberships?
Are you a team player and want to help small businesses become more sustainable / environmentally friendly? Do you meet the eligibility criteria (see below) for this position?
REPORT TO : Intern Manager and Board of Directors
DURATION: June 20th to December 23rd 2022 - 6 Months
LOCATION: Ottawa based, mostly remote work
The Intern will be assisting in program creation, implementation, and member recruitment and onboarding. The goal for this internship is to grow SEA’s membership engagement by helping manage programs and member onboarding and showcasing. The focus on the SEAlliance programming is to help educate and inspire small businesses in energy reduction and conservation tools and resources.The intern will create workshops and resource packages for small businesses in Ottawa around different Clean Technologies they can use to help their businesses meet their sustainability goals. They will help businesses gather energy use data and provide ideas for energy efficiency.
This position is funded through Federal Youth Employment Grants, there is requirements of candidates in order to receive the grant.
- Post-secondary graduate; (can not be current full-time student)
- Between the ages of 15-30 (inclusive) at the start of the contract
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada\*
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate monthly Events (workshop, webinars, member socials) educating small businesses about clean technology, energy conservation and different resources and tools they can implement to achieve a sustainable business.
- Outreach to member and non member businesses
- Assist with energy use & waste assessments
- Help assist in the administrative tasks of the organisation (manage email accounts, voicemails, update manuals etc.)
- Manage recruitment and onboarding of new members
- Complete orientation for new members, create social media content highlighting members profiles etc.
- Use ZOHO Bigin CRM to help track recruitment, membership potentials and registration follow ups.
- Participates in regular team meetings to review progress and deliverables.
SKILLS ABILITIES and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Recent graduate from a post secondary institution focus in clean technology, energy conservation, renewable/green energy,
- Program creation and management: experience in creating educational events and workshops is a bonus
- Digital Technology: experience with wide range of digital software and applications
- Website design and updates (using website builders such as SquareSpace)
- Communication: Effective writing, speaking, and active listening skills over telephone, video chat, e-mail or in person
- Organisation, coordination and time management: ability to work independently and manage time well
- Critical thinking and problem solving: can identify and problem solve complex problems and analyse large amounts of information to evaluate and develop solutions
- Management and leadership: able to coordinate, monitor and motivate volunteers
- Creativity and adaptability!
- Experience with CRM like ZOHO, or other customer relationship management tools is desirable.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour
Flexible language requirement: