The IOOF offers benefits to all part time and full time employees.
The IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. is an established and progressive charitable corporation providing accommodation and support services to seniors through a multi-facility continuum of care which includes a long term care home, supportive housing and life-lease housing.
The IOOF is a caring and supportive organization that values its employees. We strive to provide an environment where hard work is acknowledged, appreciated and recognized.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Food Services, the Food Service Worker is responsible for preparation/portioning of food and beverages, set up, service and clean up of meals and nourishment for Residents, staff and catering. Assisting Cook in service of meals. Responsible for maintaining a high quality of production, service and sanitation.
- MUST HAVE Food Service Worker Certificate (Or currently enrolled);
- Grade twelve or equivalent;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated, organized and conscientious;
- One (1) year food service/dietary experience;
- Previous education and experience in food preparation, safety and sanitation.
- Must have or be willing to write the Smart Serve Exam
- Must have or be willing to write the Safe Food Handling Certificate
Hours of Work:
Variable depending on shift
IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in the recruitment and selection process for job applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise when you are contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability, please let us know.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Salary: $21.46 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accredited College Food Service Worker Certificate (Required)
- Smart Serve (Preferred)