Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
This is a part time, warehouse position. This position requires operating an electric pallet jack, selecting the correct products from warehouse racking, scanning and labeling product using SOS label technology, palletizing product as it is selected to build customer orders, and delivering product to the dock in a safe and efficient manner.
This night shift position requires working up to 40 hours per week. Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays may be required in order to successfully fill customers’ orders. Job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, including Dry, Cooler, and Freezer
- Operate assigned Sysco Order Selection (SOS) unit to scan and create labels; correctly place labels on product.
- Stack product on pallets in accordance with proper selecting procedures (for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out, etc.).
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 88 pounds; frequently reach and constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items from lower shelf areas.
- Operate an electric pallet jack or forklift to transport product.
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
- Shrink-wrap product on loading dock.
- Follow sanitation requirements in order to comply with policy set forth by the Company.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective equipment. Perform pre and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all mechanical equipment.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively in English as it relates to the job and safety regulations
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Background Check, Physical Abilities Test)
- 3 months Warehouse experience preferred
- 3 months operating an electric Pallet Jack or Forklift preferred.
Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events • (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)