Here at Canada Archery Online we offer a casual working environment and a group of friendly and talented individuals dedicated to advancing the sport of competitive target archery in Canada. We believe in rewarding all of our employees with competitive salaries and training and development opportunities. We are presently looking to hire a Retail Buyer to join our team.
The Buyer will have responsibility for running all procurement functions. Ensuring that Canada Archery Online delivers on its promises to customers, retail partners, and other key stakeholders. Reporting into the CEO, the focus will be on ensuring strong and continued communication with the management team and product suppliers to deliver consistent cost-effective results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchase merchandise for resale by retail company
- Stay up to date with current trends in competitive archery by reviewing promotional materials, visiting trade shows, showrooms and product design events
- Review trends to create and execute purchasing forecasts
- Review current supplier contracts as well as interview potential suppliers and negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements
- Oversee distribution of merchandise through online and retail channels and maintain adequate stock levels
- Ensure product page descriptions are accurate and updated with new products in a timely manner
- Provide valuable insight to sr. management to help negotiate contracts and pricing with logistics providers
- Help track and monitor logistics and transportation spend for B2C orders
Required Education and Skillset:
- Exceptional knowledge of target and hunting archery and relevant equipment, including recurve and compound bows and components
- Experience as an athlete in competitive target archery
- At least 1 year of post-secondary education with a completed college diploma or university degree
- Proficiency with Shopify, MS Excel, Word, and Adobe Photoshop
- Contract business management experience
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed in order to speak to contacts in different time zones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The language of work will be English, but the ability to communicate in Mandarin or French is an asset
170 the Donway W, Unit #105 Toronto, ON M3C2G3
About Canada Archery Online:
Founded in 2014 as a reaction to the limited archery retail market in Canada, Canada Archery Online is owned and operated by an amazing team of friends, family and associates.
The goal will forever be to grow the sport of archery in our beautiful country by providing assistance to archers of all age and skill level and allow for affordable access to archery equipment and supplies.
With over four decades of combined Archery experience, certified instructors across North America and knowledgeable staff, we aim to offer the best archery experience in Canada.
We pride ourselves on having the best customers service in the Canadian Archery industry and work tirelessly to answer questions, help customers, make special accommodations and work with suppliers and manufactures to benefit anyone who shops with us.
Our customers are like family and as such we share in their triumphs and defeats. We will be there for every single step of the journey, from broken arrows to broken records.
Canada Archery Online would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Canada Archery Online promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including Canadian Citizens, Newcomers to Canada and temporary residents.
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
- Discount on archery gear
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.10 /hour