Martin & Hillyer Associates, one of Ontario’s pre-eminent law firms for over 45 years, has an opening for a Receptionist – casual hours – covering vacation and sick days for our current receptionists.
The office is located on Old Lakeshore Road in Burlington, Ontario. The hours of the position will be Monday through Friday either from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. covering approximately 10 weeks of the year.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Present a positive and professional image of the law firm to all visitors, clients, agencies, and other parties;
- Answer incoming phone calls on a multi-line system and screen to appropriate lawyers;
- Scan documents and retrieve emails and faxes and forward to appropriate person; document information for cost recovery;
- Interact with clients/visitors to obtain direction or instruction for lawyers;
- Document referral sources from new client calls;
- Prepare, process and route incoming and outgoing mail and couriers;
- Verify deliveries and distribute as necessary;
- Maintain the waiting area, lobby or other public areas;
- Perform opening and closing duties;
- Other administrative duties as required.
The successful candidate must have:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Knowledge of PC Law is an asset;
- Experience with print management & cost recovery software is an asset;
- Post-secondary education or an acceptable combination of education and experience;
- Experience in a legal environment is an asset (i.e. knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles, documents, and terminology);
- Professional and positive work attitude.
- Possess the interpersonal skills necessary in order to effectively communicate and empathize with clients, lawyers, staff, and external agencies;
- Be a self starter who is capable of working both independently and as part of a group;
- Be motivated and highly organized, with the ability to both prioritize and multi-task;
- Strong desire to learn;
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion;
- Patience in dealing with difficult visitors;
- Resourcefulness and flexibility.
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements for this position, please submit your resume with hourly wage expectations through Indeed, Attn: Office Administrator.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
- receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Burlington, ON (Preferred)