OEM & Framebuilder Sales Manager –
Peterborough, Ontario Canada
Shimano is a global company offering the world’s sporting community with top labels and brands including Shimano, Pearl Izumi, G. Loomis, Power Pro, PRO, and AIM. Our Canadian headquarters is located in Peterborough, Ontario. We are seeking an OEM & Framebuilder Sales Manager to join our team.
We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one of a kind job opportunities in our cycling division, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services and distribution. We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the environment need look no further than Shimano Canada. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
Reporting to the Bike Division Manager, the OEM and Framebuilder Sales Manager will demonstrate success in selling to the bicycle industry. This challenging position is crucial to the future development of our OEM sales program. The ideal candidate will play a key role in the execution of an aggressive growth plan in our market. Building and maintaining strong relationships with our OEM and Framebuilder customers will be essential.
This individual will be responsible for implementation of strategic sales and promotional plans with the primary focus of increasing sales, revenue, and the continual expansion of the Shimano brand with our OEM partners. These efforts will require working closely with management and customers, as well as coordination with internal departments (Product, Planning, Service, and Marketing teams), and overseas sales offices.
· Develop and achieve detailed weekly, monthly and yearly sales forecasts & sales reports
· Translate technical features and benefits into product selling points
· Prepare detailed sales action plan for each customer and execute
· Create and provide market information to be shared with global sales offices
· Communicate with Shimano factories worldwide to coordinate delivery and other production related issues
· Compile and analyze market trend data to reveal opportunities and weaknesses
· Be the trusted source for customers for all Shimano information
· Work on a consistent basis with product managers on customer goals and determine ways to integrate Shimano products
· Build, develop, and strengthen relationships with your customers by providing value added service
· Actively contribute to Shimano programs during internal meetings
· Through research and relationships with OEM’s and retailers, give input to product management team about new products and opportunities
· Provide technical knowledge to OEM engineering and design team, for bicycle development
· Ability to work with international partners to create sales and marketing plans
· Work with OEM’s from product conception to promotion in market
· Minimum 50% travel, to include international travel
· College or university degree
· Proven industry sales experience
· Experience developing customer relationships
· Bike knowledge (both highly technical & general industry knowledge)
· Effective and professional presentation skills
· Strong writing, organizational, and problem-solving skills
· PC literate: High level of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook is a requirement
· Ability to prioritize and meet crucial deadlines
· Retail and wholesale bicycle experience a plus
· French language is an asset
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano Canada Ltd. reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, provincial, or local law. Shimano Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Peterborough, ON (Preferred)