If you are a Licensed Heavy Duty (Truck and Coach) Mechanic, join Ryder, a Fortune 500 company! Ryder is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Licensed Technician. The successful Licensed Technician will already have their 310T license.
- Provincial or Inter-provincial Mechanic's license (on-road)
- Red Seal an asset
- Safety conscious, ability to work in a safety driven environment
- Current knowledge of company furnished technical literature, vendors' technical bulletins and latest equipment advancements
- Proficiency with all tools of the trade, shop machines and power tools, and electronic diagnostic equipment
- PC literate, reliable and team-oriented with solid customer service skills
- Flexible availability between days, afternoons and weekends
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Physically fit and capable
We are looking for a strong technician who has the ability to diagnose and repair a variety of vehicles: Cummins, Detroit, Freightliners, Internationals, Volvos, GMCs and Fords.
A Licensed Technician at Ryder must be a teacher. We believe in growing our talent, and it's important we have strong technicians in our shops to help grow our future Licensed Techs.
Specific duties as a licensed mechanic will include:
- Troubleshoot and repair of heavy duty and medium duty diesel or gasoline powered trucks, including:
- The disassembly/overhaul of engines or engine components, transmissions, refrigeration equipment, clutches and other assemblies
- The diagnosis of equipment problems; identifying and replacing, as required, worn or broken parts, making all necessary adjustments and alignments
- Coaching and developing apprentices
- Assisting the Lube Technicians and Service Employees as required
- Keeping the shop clean
- Customer relations - dealing with both internal and external customers
- Ensuring maximum customer satisfaction by providing effective and reliable maintenance to our trucks
What Ryder Offers Employees
- Multiple benefit plan options for full time employees. Choose a benefit plan that best suits your individual or family needs
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (GRRSP) with broad investment options and lower fees
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan with company match of your GRRSP contributions – dollar-for-dollar after 1 year of employment
- Registered Defined Contribution Pension Plan after 1 year of employment
- Online recognition program that allows employees to be recognized from managers and coworkers and awarded points to cash in for gifts, gift cards, etc.
- Tool and boot allowance
- Tuition reimbursement for Apprenticeship programs
- Discounted pricing on vehicle rental, gym membership, select automotive vehicles, select hotels and more
- Continuous training through regular online and in-class sessions
- National and International skills competition for licensed technicians with pay increases based on accomplishment
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
Please speak to a member of Ryder’s recruitment team for more details on these programs.
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- 310T (Required)