Pickering Casino Resort is seeking Cage Shift Managers!
Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s new Pickering Casino Resort Cage team!
This exciting career opportunity at the new Pickering Casino Resort is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed, strong guest relations and supervisory skills; responsibilities of this role will align with the position of Cage Shift Managers upon opening of Pickering Casino Resort.
Upon opening and under the general direction of Manager, Cage, this position is responsible for the overall management of cage & coin operations at the site level as well as ensuring adherence to the security and inventory of corporate assets and security of cash and tokens. Above all else, management must lead by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues!
Pickering Casino Resort is slated to open in early 2020 and will feature a number of gaming and dining options, while the second phase will include a full scope of entertainment amenities and hotel offerings. Once complete, the Pickering Casino Resort will include a casino, hotel, entertainment centre, and multiple food outlets, providing an eclectic mix of adventure, culture, cuisine, and entertainment.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
· Provides excellent customer service and maintains good public relations with Pickering Casino Resort guests;
· Manages Cage employees including training, hiring, scheduling, supervisor and evaluating performance;
· Assists Cage Manager in developing and controlling departmental budget;
· Enforces policies and procedures adherence including the security and inventory of corporate assets and security of cash and/or cash assets;
· Monitors overtime, tracks scheduled hours for employees and assists with the management of operational expenses;
· Assists the Cage Manager in the implementation of new projects and processes;
· Provides training and development opportunities for departmental employees;
· Provides leadership, direction and mentoring to the Cage Team at the site level, including coaching, developing performance objectives and holding Performance Partnership discussions with team members;
· Supports the GEM program with team member awareness initiatives and measurement of guest satisfaction;
· Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational department heads;
· Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, ownership, team members, vendors and regulators;
· Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations;
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
· Post-secondary education and/or combination of related work experience in the field of commerce, accounting, economics, casino gaming operations;
· Two (2) or more years of managerial experience in the gaming industry;
· Completion of management/supervisory and/or leadership training program an asset;
· Previous experience in supervising the Cage Team an asset;
· Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time;
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and guest relations skills;
· Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coach and develop employees;
· Ability to exceed internal and external guest expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication;
· Computer literacy in MS Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint;
· Ability to obtain registration as a Category 1 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Pickering Casino Resort candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
One Toronto Gaming accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources of requirements in advance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- management: 2 years (Preferred)