At Hollyburn, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. If this sounds like you, read on. We want you with us!
You are a positive energetic role model who has a passion and skill for providing support, care and can act as a mentor in supporting the personal growth for adults with special needs and autism spectrum disorders. You want to make a difference in the lives of people we support and play an integral role in supporting their successful achievements.
The role we need to fill is a Maternity Leave contract fill, Part Time at 32 hrs/week through June 2021 for aBehaviour Support Worker in New Westminster. The specific line is 7 am – 3 pm Tuesday - Friday.
- Post-secondary education in ECE, ABA, Psychology or related field and/or equivalent experience working with Adults with developmental disabilities or autism.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with Adults with severe behavioural challenges and mental health issues.
- Unrestricted Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Criminal records check and ability to pass Ministry of Children and Family Development consolidated check
- Clear and concise communication, both written and verbal, in English
You’ll score more points if you have:
- First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificates
- Experience in creating social stories, visuals aids, sensory integration and report writing
- Experience coordinating recreational activities in the community
- Awareness of the Autism Spectrum
- Knowledge of supportive strategies, needs and risk assessment
- Knowledge of therapeutic approaches
- Good understanding of crisis management
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Building positive working relationships with youth, family and professionals involved in the care team
- Facilitating recreational and/or educational activities.
- Attending school meetings and case conferences when required
- Encouraging and modeling acceptable social standards and set and maintain appropriate limits.
- Collaborating with the clinical team and provide input into assessments and youth care plans.
- Engaging in frequent interaction with youth, using appropriate means of communication
Our Therapeutic Homes are equipped to practice discrete trial therapy and have sensory integration rooms to promote self-regulation.
PLEASE NOTE: This application includes a phone screen to help us expedite our screening process. Please assist us in learning more about you by completing the phone screen. You have a better chance of being invited to interview if you complete the phone screen.
Hollyburn Family Services has been and will continue to provide essential services to our clients in our therapeutic homes, counseling, senior and victim services programs while we collectively live through the effects of the COVID-19 protocols. We continue to hire caring professionals on the front lines who are flexible and creative, as well as committed to helping us deliver our services while following all guidelines set forth for BC’s Restart Plan Phase 3 by Provincial Health, Health Canada, and Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Health Region.
We’re an industry leading organization that has been providing quality residential programs, counselling and support services to children, youth, and families since 1990 and are proud to have a diverse team, all of whom have unique abilities which to enrich the lives of the people we serve. Because we know our team is our heart and our most important asset, we offer extensive training opportunities to all employees. We support professional development and advancement within our every growing organization. Our salaries and benefits package are competitive.
If you’re still reading this and are as excited to join us as we are excited that you read this whole posting, then do not delay! Send your resume and complete Indeed assessment(s) telling us why you are a perfect person to join this line by Friday, August 14 @ 4 pm.
Part-time hours: 32 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $43,680.00-$48,880.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- working with Adults with complex needs: 2 years (Preferred)
- working with adults in residential programs: 1 year (Preferred)
- working with adults with Autism: 2 years (Preferred)
- Currently live in Lower Mainland, BC (Preferred)
- proof of ability to legally work in Canada (Required)
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training (Preferred)
- British Columbia Drivers License (unrestricted-Class 5) (Required)