The Gardens of Peterborough are the premier retirement communities in Peterborough and the Kawartha’s. What sets us apart from all others is our service and our commitment to "Care" in everything we do. Our Shuttle Drivers play an important role as they provide our residents with a sense of independence and freedom while promoting healthy, active lifestyles. Our shuttle drivers take pride in creating meaningful relationships with residents and the community they live in.
The Shuttle Driver operates under the direction of the Activities Director transporting residents from all four Gardens locations to various appointments and outings. The driver serves as the ‘friendly face’ of the organization, interacting with residents to optimize the customer experience and ensuring expectations are met or exceeded. The driver is responsible for the safety and security of the residents while they are boarding, exiting and traveling in the bus. The driver is also responsible for the safe operation of the bus and ensuring that the bus is in proper driving condition at all times.
- Greets, interacts and assists with residents while getting on and off the bus
- Loads/secures and unloads residents in wheelchairs
- Lift and stores walkers, wheelchairs and other equipment
- Reports any defects, accidents or problems with bus in timely manner
- Report any incidents that occur with residents while using the shuttle service in a timely manner
- Be on time to pick up and drop off residents at various appointments and outings
- Must possess a valid “F” class drivers license and a clean driving record
- Possess strong time management skills and be able to work independently with little supervision
- Must be customer service focused and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We offer competitive compensation packages and flexible schedules.
AON Inc. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process. We welcome and thank all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time