Start Date: Oct. 1, 2019
Vineridge Academy is an international private, boarding school located in Niagara-on-the-Lake; dedicated to the advancement and placement of international students into top university programs.
We are currently seeking a motivated professional to assist in the coordination of our academic programs. This person should have a positive attitude, great initiative and superior leadership skills.
Candidates will be responsible for:
- OnSiS submissions and control of the student management system (Maplewood)
- Assisting the Principal with data management requirements
- Student entry assessments and preparation of documents in student OSRs
- Maintenance of OSRs in accordance with Ministry of Education requirements
- Maintenance of OnSIS submissions in accordance with Ministry of Education requirements
- Generating student attendance reports (Maplewood)
- EQAO submissions and control of the OSSLT management system
- OUAC data uploading, monitoring all data submission dates and communication with OUAC
- Assessing transcripts, equivalencies, PLAR submissions and creating detailed study plans for arriving students
- Academic counseling for students’ course selection
- Academic counseling for students’ university program selection and how to submit applications through OUAC
- Assisting with the building of academic timetables and student placement into courses
- A sense of integrity, discretion and confidentiality id required
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills are necessary
- A high level of attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to follow up is required
- Relevant work experience is a secondary school setting is required
- Able to work independently and with frequent interruptions
- Familiarity with Maplewood, OnSIS, OUAC and EQAO is considered an asset
- Experience working with high school students in a guidance setting is considered an asset
The ideal candidate will have a relevant BA, BEd or MA and at least 2 years of experience in the Ontario Secondary School System.This person should also understand the Ontario university application process and have working knowledge of Ontario OSSD requirements. International teaching experience, good cross- cultural communication skills, and a willingness to be part of a fast-paced, team centered environment are also beneficial.
We thank all candidates, but only those with relevant experience will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Preferred)