Want to join the global powerhouse that’s building a stronger, more sustainable future? Cargill has a team of 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are passionate about nourishing the world in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way. This position is in Cargill’s protein & salt business, which provides wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful food products. Join the team that serves a wide range of customers around the world, from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets.
Are you looking for a dynamic role in fast pace environment? We are looking for the Quality Assurance Supervisor who is responsible for leading a variety of food safety and quality (FSQ) assurance programs. This role supervises the audits and inspects processes that monitors food handling, storage, and service operations to assure compliance with current food safety and quality regulatory requirements. You will lead and review the work of a team of analysts or inspectors that identify and evaluate the quality of raw materials, in-process goods, procedures, and operations. This position, has some authority for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance, or disciplinary actions, and will focus part of your time reviewing and completing the same tasks as the subordinate employees.
- Leads and maintains quality control systems and product/process verification systems, including sampling procedures and analytical tests to ensure all products produced meet FSQ requirements.
- Provides overall leadership, development, and talent management activities for direct reports which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training, and budgeting.
- Assists team members in interpreting quality standards, summarizes team findings and prepares reports for management.
- Evaluates vendors or suppliers for compliance with internal standards and external regulations and suggests changes with the goal of improving processes or products.
- Investigates food safety processes to ensure compliance and reports non-compliance to management and governing bodies along with developing and implementing corrective action plans.
- Review the regulatory environment and develops response protocols in preparation for new or amended food safety legislation.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of directly related work experience
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of basic statistics
- Workplace safety knowledge
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work on flexible hours (possible 6 days of week) and overtime if needed .
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Master of Science in Food Science, Agriculture or Animal Science
- Previous experience in the food industry focused on safety, quality principles, standards, regulatory practices and operational policies/ procedures
- Previous project management experience
- Previous experience in plant manufacturing processes & operations
- Previous microbiology experience
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Guelph
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job