Spartan Industrial Marine is currently searching for a Warehouse Associate at our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia location. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Warehouse Associate assists with various functions in the warehouse, ensuring proper organization of warehouse and inventory/equipment as well as packing, shipping, receiving and distribution of goods and supplies.
- Prepare, package and schedule out-going shipments with transport companies
- Ship customer orders and branch transfers ensuring all required paperwork is complete and accurate
- Obtain rate and spot quotes for shipments
- Track shipments as required
- Receive, unload, sort orders and inter-company transfers accurately and in a timely manner
- High school degree or equivalent
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a warehouse/production environment
- Able to safely lift 50 lbs. from floor level to waist level
- Computer experience and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Commercial Fishing and Marine supply is an asset
- Previous training in forklift operation an asset
If you would like to be part of a fast growing, national company, and are motivated by being a part of the growth that will take our organization to the next level, we want to hear from you!
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of their employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)