Venue Kings is a top ticket broker in Canada and continues to grow year over year. We employ a team of dedicated professionals, priding themselves on superior customer service. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. We are bold, innovative and are constantly upping our game.
Our quickly growing retail company is looking for a Controller to lead our Finance department. Reporting to the CEO, this hands-on role owns the entire accounting and finance function of several operating entities.
This role will take responsibility for:
- Lead and be responsible for all aspects of the finance operation including: accurate and timely close of month end; Preparation of relevant reporting packages for external stakeholders (e.g. banks)
- Oversee and maintain effective systems pf internal control
- Facilitate continuous improvement processes and focus on system improvements
- Conduct ad-hoc self-led financial and operational analysis
- Presentation of financial results to the CEO.
- Liaise with external accounting firm for timely completion of statutory filings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Additionally, this role will need:
- CPA designation required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in operational accounting - experience in paperless online and virtual accounting systems a plus.
- A team player who is willing to “roll up their sleeves” and lend support wherever needed
- Demonstrated flexibility in fostering a dynamic environment where priorities can change hourly
- Strong organization and time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality and accuracy
- Proficient knowledge of all aspects of revenue accounting as well as financial, management, and operational reporting
- A growth mindset that is excited by high-growth entrepreneurial environments
- Professional and effective communication and presentation skills at all levels (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC V7P 2S3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Three (3) plus years experience with Quickbooks
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (required)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (required)
Work Location: In person