This involves basic standardized work in the Dietary, Housekeeping, and Laundry Departments. The use and handling of floor scrubbers and carpet cleaners will be required. The Food Service Worker II performs food service and sanitation work involving heavy manual tasks in food operations and service areas. Assigned tasks may include lifting and moving objects up to 50lbs. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
- Graduation from high school with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland & Labrador Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required for this position.
- Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality
- A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
- A valid Newfoundland and Labrador Class IV Driver's License
Hours of Work:
- Demonstrated knowledge of institutional cleaning practices, food handling and sanitation, and laundry methods, procedures, and equipment.
- Experience in housekeeping, laundry and food services.
75 Hours Bi-Weekly (Shift work may be required)
CG-18 ($18.70-$20.15), CG-19 ($19.08-$20.59), CG-20 ($19.45-$21.10), CG-21 ($19.80-$21.57)
September 10, 2021
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.