Position Type: Part-time, contract, 15 hours/week
Employment period: January 5th – March 31, 2022
Salary: $22.00 hour
J*ob Area: Nepean*
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Program Coordinator – Seniors Activities will provide activities to support isolated and vulnerable seniors during COVID-19 recovery. The Program Coordinator will also work with Nepean Rideau Osgoode Community Resource Centre’s (NROCRC) Community Developer to host community consultations exploring a senior’s peer mentoring model. The Program Coordinator will plan and implement weekly virtual or if appropriate, in- person programming which incorporates age-appropriate physical movement, guest speakers, engaging conversation, and activities. The Program Coordinator will be an important part of the NROCRC team and be responsible for program outreach, tracking data, providing information, and making referrals to community resources.
The successful candidate must commit to work within NROCRC’s model of Community Development. At present, this is largely a remote position, but the candidate must be available to attend in-office or in-person when required.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Identify, conduct outreach, and establish connection to seniors in NROCRC’s diverse catchment area
· Plan, coordinate, facilitate and connect with isolated seniors through virtual and/or, when appropriate, in-person programming
· Leading and facilitating groups
· Provide local information and referrals to seniors, as necessary
· Perform administrative duties related to the program - attendance, session activities and referrals, database entries, and statistical requirements
· Supervise, and orient community volunteers as required
· Liaises with other program staff at NROCRC
· Participate in program and organization meetings as required
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· Work in a manner that preserves confidentiality
· Must be able to work independently in a social setting
· Work in a way that promotes collaborative and interdisciplinary teamwork
· Respect and value the diversity of communities and individuals
· Support NROCRC’s student and volunteer placement programs
· Promote awareness of and participation in NROCRC’s program and activities
· Maintain accurate program statistics and complete relevant reports as required
· Diploma in community development, social services, leisure studies, fitness/health promotion, sport management, gerontology, or relevant experience
· A minimum of 2 years experience in a senior’s orientated environment or similar
· Proficient on digital platforms including, but not limited to Zoom and Microsoft Office
· Demonstrated ability in program planning
· Current knowledge of community resources
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with adults and seniors
· Sensitivity to people of different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
· English is essential. Ability to speak additional languages is highly desirable
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
· Level 2 Police Record Check is required
Posting will remain open until filled with interviews planned for December 17, 2021.
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. Due to the high volumes of interested applicants, we will not be able to receive phone calls asking for more information on available positions.
NROCRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse work team representative of the community we serve.
NROCRC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Contract length: 3 months
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Application deadline: 2021-12-17
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $22.00 per hour
NROCRC is following all Ottawa Public Health and Province of Ontario Health guidelines.