For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Engineering Student on our Software Engineering Department at our Brampton office. The successful candidate would be treated similar to a new graduate joining our company, where tasks will be assigned relative to the level of schooling and experience achieved to date. This is a 12-16 monthStudent opportunity.
As our Engineering Student, you will contribute as part of a team to the design, implementation, maintenance and testing of software solutions that are modular, extendable, testable, and efficient.
- Participate in software solution designs for projects
- Participate in documenting and communicating designs/plans
- Implement and test software solutions
- Learn new skills
- Review the work of others
- Participate in estimation efforts for new work
- Provide feedback and suggestions on ways to improve coding standards, tools, processes, etc
- Other duties as will be assigned from time to time by management or a team lead
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science with three (3) years completed
- Students must be enrolled in their university’s formal Co-Op program
- The student should possess strong mathematical skills and experience in CAD modelling
- A strong ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as a member of a team is required
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills are essential to this position
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
Reference ID: R09885
Contract length: 16 months
Expected start date: 2021-05-03
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: Up to $1.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting
- Computer Programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- software development: 1 year (Preferred)