MicroSpec Systems Inc., headquartered in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada, is the leading Canadian supplier of online and box office ticketing services for the consumer show industry as well as online and onsite registration services for the trade show industry. We are seeking a full time Ticketing Coordinator to set up and manage our ticketed events in our consumer shows division.
The Ticketing Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of ticketing.
- Create and maintain clients’ ticket selling web pages
- Reporting suite, Discounts, Promotions, Banners and Promotional Graphics, Merchant Account Processors
- Lead all onsite operations of ticket selling across Canada and the U.S. which includes the setup and maintenance of routers, switches, internet wires, power wires, box office terminals, ticket scanning hardware, etc.,
- Train, monitor and supervise onsite staff for accuracy and professionalism
- Communicate accurately and professionally with the public and clients through phone, email, and in person
- And other duties assigned by the Ticketing Department Lead.
- You are comfortable with Google’s suite of apps, and Microsoft Excel.
- You like the challenge of learning new computer programmes such as website editing software.
- You have an introductory knowledge of HTML and are familiar with basic concepts of ecommerce.
- Your strengths are planning, organization and coordination skills.
- You are proactive, self motivating, analytical with an eye for detail, practical, results oriented, and hands-on is your middle name.
- You have strong verbal and written communication, organizational awareness, and you are a fast learner.
- Two or more years customer service experience, event experience preferred.
- Read, write, and speak English clearly and professionally (French is an asset).
- You are physically fit and active and can spend long periods of time walking, standing, kneeling, sitting, stretching, and carrying 25lbs as required.
- You can provide a 5-year certified driver's record from the Government of Ontario.
- You can provide a Police Criminal Record Check (PCRC).
- You have a valid passport and you are happy to travel to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver, New York and other destinations to install, manage, and tear-down onsite ticketing services during a few months each year.
- Your office work week may be Sunday through Thursday with weekends on Friday and Saturday, or Tuesday through Saturday with weekends on Sunday and Monday. Saturdays and Sundays are work-from-home days when not onsite at shows.
- You have a quiet home office area with high speed internet.
- Onsite work at events is long days, evenings, weekends, STAT holidays, etc (this is the nature of the show industry).
- Busy fast paced small office.
- Friendly team-oriented co-workers.
- Social committee.
- Travel to work in Canada and the U.S. at exciting consumer events.
- Say goodbye to the commute on days when working from home.
- 80% medical, 80% dental, family and life options.
- Summer hours, full pay!
- Salary dependent on skills and experience with opportunity for advancement and salary increase upon exemplary performance.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Required)
- English (Preferred)