DB1 – Logistics Assistant – Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival
Desired Contract Length: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: January 6, 2020
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end, March 31, 2020. Desired additional weeks, ending July 3, 2020, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2020-2021) JCP program application to the Province.
Work Schedule: 4 business days per week (32 hours)
Work Location: Downtown
Job Summary: Working under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Logistics Assistant will assist with the coordination and implementation of various event related projects and events.
· Assist with event logistics and administrative duties associated with the Festival. Areas of assistance will include event logistics, customer/information service, data entry and analysis, as well as coordination of exhibitors/concessionaires.
· Respond to general telephone, in person and electronic inquiries.
· Work with the Operations Team to ensure required signage for planned activities/events is in stock or ordered.
· Assist with the transport of all storage items needed during the Festival and create post-festival inventory.
· Assist in Festival implementation phase by helping with onsite set-up and dismantling.
· Use computer word processing and spreadsheet software to prepare reports and required documents.
· Assist in the Festival evaluation and make recommendations with the submission of a post-event report.
· Liaise with Board of Directors and other event staff as necessary.
· All other related duties, as required by event staff team.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
· High School Diploma or higher level of education.
· Computer literate with recent experience using MS Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets.
· Ability to work under pressure and on various projects simultaneously and autonomously.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal skills.
· Previous special event experience is a definite asset; previous database experience is an asset.
· Previous customer service or administrative work is an asset.
· Strong written and verbal skills.
· Valid driver’s license is required.
· Must be able to lift 30lbs of weight.
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
· You are a resident, living in Ontario.
· You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible).
· You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
· You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
· 1. Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
· 2. Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years).
$560 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Accommodations are considered upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $17.50 /hour
- Operations Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Required)