At Angstrom Engineering, we sell industry-leading thin film deposition systems that can be
custom designed and are assembled on-site by a team of engineers and technologists who
prioritize quality, service, and performance above all else. We are proud to manufacture the
tools that allow a wide variety of researchers and development teams in world-class labs across
the globe to engineer new nano scale technologies.
We are a growing company looking to break into new markets and to increase our international
presence. To assist us in meeting our goals we are offering a position for a System Designer.
The right candidate will understand our market, product and its uses and utilize this
understanding to develop and improve our deposition systems.
Mechanical and Systems Design
- Design and development of the mechanical aspects of custom and engineered to order
machines using Solidworks.
- Provide and implement engineering solutions to mechanical and systems challenges.
- Understand the customer’s processes and industry to develop innovative technologies.
- Assist project teams with technical challenges and provide technical direction.
- Participate in continuous systems design improvements on Angstrom products.
- Keep abreast of current technology.
- Responsible for ensuring designs satisfy contract specifications and all applicable design
- Review final designs and engineering drawings.
- A post-secondary degree in mechatronics, mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Interest in nano-technologies and thin film coatings.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Resourceful with a proven ability to research problems and complete tasks.
- Ability to work and grow independently.
- Ability to solve technical problems.
- Experience using Solidworks, word processing and spreadsheets.
Angstrom Engineering is an agile and growing business with a work force of exceptional people.
We have been in business for 25 years and make leading edge and interesting equipment for
the field of nanotechnology. Our working environment is clean, safe, and enjoyable. We offer
flexible hours and a competitive compensation package including benefits.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com