Position: Web Producer/Writer
Position Type: Full time, permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
Division: National Post
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 120 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
The National Post is looking for a creative and collaborative producer for its digital news team. Applicants should be social media savvy, know how to cover major events and breaking news, and an innovative thinker when it comes to producing engaging content for our readers.
What you’ll do:
- Produce multi-faceted coverage for a variety of sections on nationalpost.com.
- Focus on mobile initiatives for website content and customization of content for smartphone users.
Who you are:
- Must be a strong headline writer with knowledge of best practices for SEO and social sharing.
- Experience working in writing and producing breaking news and alerts on national and international fronts.
- Ability to work on large-scale multimedia packages, including digital presentation, and produce captivating videos.
- Extensive knowledge and story judgment.
- An uncanny ability, using a variety of sources including social media, to find stories off the beaten path consistent with the National Post brand, and the chops to quickly turn them around and deliver clean copy.
This position will potentially include weekends and nights.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: February 1 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application Deadline: 2021-02-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent