Pulse Directional Technologies is a manufacturer of measurement while drilling (MWD) tools for the down-hole market and is looking for an electronics technician to join our production team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the population of prototype and production PCBs, the soldering of wiring harnesses for both down hole and surface equipment, and the entry of test data and other information into our computer databases. This person will also be responsible for the assembly and testing of complete MWD tools under the supervision of our production shop foreman.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the quality of his/her work and is able to both follow written assembly/testing manuals as well as identify ways in which processes might be improved. The ideal candidate is also able to organize production and testing information in documents on a computer.
- surface mount soldering skills
- able to make reliable wiring harnesses
- able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- comfortable using a dolly to move heavy objects
- proficient with hand tools including barrel (gear/friction) wrenches
- proficient with basic computer usage and data entry
-proficient with the use of an oscilloscope
- previous experience assembling or servicing MWD tools
- electronics troubleshooting skills
- metal/wood working or other fabrication abilities
- able to learn and adapt quickly
Job Type: Full-time
- electronics: 1 year (Preferred)