This position is part-time and involves working closely with a PhD student who has a physical disability. The position is for the summer months, starting as soon as possible, with the possibility of extending further into the future.
Qualifications and other requirements:
- Valid drivers license
- Must be comfortable in an academic and professional setting
- Must be comfortable around others
- Knowledge of proper food handling
- Ability to work flexible hours (weekends, evenings) which will be worked out between employee and employer
- Must be responsible and dependable
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy
- Criminal records check required
- Assist with mobility and transportation around (walking, driving wheelchair van).
- Assist with educational tasks, such as printing or photocopying.
- Assist with carrying personal belongings, books, folders, materials for the student.
- Assist with research activities
- Assist the student during meal time (lunch, dinner)
- Assist with basic housekeeping/cleaning duties
- Assist with off campus shopping and/or appointments
- Have fun and learn!
It is estimated that the position would be 10 hours every two weeks (5 hours/week) during the weekend with the possibility of picking up some week shifts as needed. The hours are flexible and adjustable as needed to fit employer and employee’s schedule. Pay is $15 an hour. If there are any questions, please send a message.
Note: This position is funded by Independent Living Nova Scotia, and is supported by the Department of Education and Disability Services in Nova Scotia.
Job Type: Part-time
- driver's license (Required)