Location - Weyburn
At SaskPower, we generate more than just electricity for Saskatchewan people. We offer some of the best jobs in the province.
Our challenging careers will help you grow while being surrounded by a fully-committed team, committed to safety, openness, collaboration and accountability. If you’re someone who thrives in a team environment and doesn’t shy away from a good challenge, join us!
Apply no later than 04/19/2021 to be considered for this opportunity.
Length of Work Term:
May - August 2021
35 or 37.33 hours per week, depending on location
Students enrolled in a post-secondary educational facility and interested in this opportunity, please apply below. The closing date for this competition is April 19, 2021.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide front line service and information to customers and the public concerning corporate services, rates, regulations and policies for both telephone and in-person inquiries
- Receive, investigate and respond to customer inquiries, complaints and outage notifications and direct to the appropriate resource when necessary
- Receive payments, issue refunds, prepare invoices and initiate contact for the production and collection of payments
- Provide excellent customer services to internal and external customers, while following corporate quality guidelines
- Determine customer needs by utilizing precise questioning techniques
- Maintain a working knowledge of departmental systems, processes, policies and procedures and identify and recommend areas of improvement
- Receive, distribute and prepare incoming and outgoing communications both internal and external to the corporation
- Maintain files and records associated with the department
- Assist with the development of training for the department
- Perform general accounting and financial functions as required
- Participate in continuous educational and professional development as required
- Other related and assigned duties
Please attach a copy of your most recent transcript (unofficial or official) to the on-line application. Transcripts will be required at time of interview and/or before hire.
This positions falls with in the scope of the Unifor Local 649.
Candidates under consideration may be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, abilities test, case study and/or presentation.
SaskPower offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Diversity and inclusion are also a priority for us. At SaskPower, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and having a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to selections based on merit and to the full participation of diversity groups. These groups include the four equity groups recognized by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission: Indigenous Peoples, Members of Visible Minority Groups / Racialized Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in Under-Represented Roles, as well as LGBTQ persons and Newcomers to Saskatchewan. Visit our website for details.
To learn more about SaskPower, check us out on YouTube:
Keep posted on the latest job openings on Twitter:
Please apply by 04/19/2021.