Chandos is an innovative and collaborative construction company, 100% employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial general contractor in North America.
Along with being on the leading-edge in our industry, we also invest in our people, encourage their growth and support them in reaching their full potential. Because when our employees are at their best, they help move our entire organization forward – this is at the heart of the Chandos philosophy.
The Labour Foreman aids the superintendent in managing all field and site-specific construction activities, including budget, schedule, performance, subtrades and profitability of commercial construction projects. This person must be able to communicate effectively with the Superintendent, Project Manager and other field staff. The Foreman is responsible for helping to provide direction and lead Chandos staff in the field.
- Ensure clear communication of project-specific roles and responsibilities for all site personnel.
- Assist the Superintendent in providing leadership and direction for all project activities and tasks, ensuring project outcomes are delivered successfully and in compliance with all contracts and client needs.
- Assist the Superintendent in planning, organizing and managing all site construction manpower and materials including site layout and setup.
- Assist the Superintendent to conduct and/or oversee weekly safety meetings, weekly site inspections and safety orientations for all new employees on site.
- Assist the Superintendent with completion of required documentation, including: safety documentation, invoices, labour quantities, packing slips, purchase orders, and site photos.
- Assist the Superintendent to monitor productivities throughout the project life cycle for potential opportunities and losses. Make corrections to maximize gains and mitigate against losses.
- Manage subcontractor relationships within assigned projects to maintain timelines and scope of work, and meet contact obligations.
- Maximize landfill waste diversion on all projects, and manage construction sites in a sustainable fashion, continuously minimizing Chandos’ impact on the environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous self-improvement.
- Identify the training needs of field staff, assist with training where qualified, and support apprenticeship programs as required.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Journeyman trade certification.
- Technical diploma and/or Gold Seal/Red Seal certification are considered assets.
- Three or more years of commercial construction experience.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, field drawings and plans.
- An understanding of all construction trades and techniques.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in construction safety and productivity.
- Trained in first aide and CPR
- Able to operate equipment as trained in a safe and responsible manner
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace regulations, ordinances, legislation and building codes.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
The Preferred Qualifications:
- Leadership training and safety certificates are recommended.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Able to manage competing priorities and timelines.
- Able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Willing to work out of town
The Chandos Advantage:
- 100% employee owned
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Strong benefits package
- Substantial vacation time
- Stable work-life balance
- Training, education and development opportunities
- Employee appreciation events
- Supportive culture
- A healthy and positive work environment
- Perks through our strategic partners
In order to extend our One Chandos culture, we may occasionally request that select employees travel or relocate to other districts for growth opportunities or as business needs arise.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time