A leading North American artisan bakery, ACE Bakery specializes in premium all natural artisan bakery products. Using time-honored European traditions and techniques, ACE Bakery has created a legacy of high-quality delicious breads, recognized by many of the top chefs across North America. Established in 1993, we are proud of our exponential growth and the supporting strength of our parent company - Weston Foods - a major player in the North American bakery industry.
Afternoons , Weekends
- Sanitation Program -overall sanitation leadership -SSOP & MSS -chemicals -audit’s/documents -pest control activities
- With a ‘Continuous improvement mind-set’, elevate the bakery sanitation program to ensure a gold standard of cleanliness is achieved across the facility which exceeds industry standards
- Oversee the development and execution of the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) through the scheduling of labour to clean and sanitize equipment, surfaces and plant environment to accomplish sanitation practices according to Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s).
- Participate in capital projects planning, new equipment installations and new product lines by providing sanitation recommendations and expertise
- Measure and analyse sanitation performance metrics and participate in weekly meetings (as required) to review findings and assign investigation and corrective action responsibilities to drive continuous improvement.
- Promote the company’s health and safety program, maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and JHSC recommendations
- Establish a strong culture of Food Safety with all team members and ensuring all are educated on compliance, legal requirements and food safety standards, policies and protocols
- 3 years of leadership or sanitation experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge, experience or willing to learn about the sanitation process, cleaning chemistry, chemical storage, handling and dispensing systems and sanitary design principles.
- Continuous improvement mind-set and passionate about sanitation and understands its importance to safety and quality of manufactured food products.
- Knowledge of HACCP/FSMA, food industry GMP’s, BRC standards, WHMIS, First Aid, Food Safety, Basic Food Microbiology, Lock Out and Tag Out, and local Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Strong communication skills (read, speak and write) in English
- Ability to create a team environment by sharing knowledge, involving employees in developing solutions, and providing guidance, direction, feedback and recognition to the team;
- Courage to challenge the status quo, lead & embrace changes and decisions that drive progress;
- Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook), previous experience with EAM, SAP and Kronos an asset.
- Post-secondary education, College or University degree in Science preferred
- Able to work in cold, hot, humid or wet manufacturing environment conditions, work with chemicals and stand/walk regularly
Weston is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Weston offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply today!