Fern Resort is Ontario’s all-inclusive resort located 90 minutes north of Toronto on the banks of beautiful Lake Couchiching, Orillia. 100 years of family ownership brings both stability and that, family feel that keeps staff and guests coming back year after year. So, if you are looking for a management opportunity in a dynamic and close-knit team, and you have 1 to 2+ years of current dining and management experience, we would love to hear from you.
As a team member of Fern Resort, you’ll enjoy:
- Amazing culture and comradery
- Benefits package
- Beautiful surroundings
- Access to Attractions Ontario
- Eligibility for Resort Exchange
- Access to staff meals and accommodation
- The use of Fern Facilities
- To be smiling/happy/agreeable, to guests at all times.
- To train the staff in the Server and Assistant Server positions to the level expected by the resort and to ensure they are following the Heath and Safety standards set out by the resort.
- Ensure that the servers/assistant servers are carrying out their duties correctly, i.e. service, attitude, proper D/R etiquette, etc.
- Supervises the operations of the D/R; carry out the opening procedures (turning on the lights, checking lists etc.), ensures that staff are present for their shift, and seats the guests.
- Prepares a seating plan for guests, assigns sections to the servers for service and make appropriate changes to the D/R schedule, when needed.
- Assists Servers and Assistant Servers in the service of guests when required.
- Handles Guest, Server, and Assistant Server complaints/compliments, passing on problems to the appropriate people.
- Discipline the D/R staff to the appropriate disciplinary policy.
- Ensuring that the dining room has all supplies needed for full service during busy times, ie. napkins, cutlery, plates etc. This includes keeping an up to date inventory.
- Knowledge of function set-ups for conventions, BBQ's, special dinners etc.
- Acts as a liaison in the dining room to ensure that there is open communication between the dining room, front desk and kitchen.
- To always be available to the Guests, Servers, and Assistant Servers at all times during meal hours, this is done by ensuring the desk is never left without a manager.
- To ensure the Servers and Assistant Servers have their proper attire; i.e. name tags, tie, shoes, hair, etc.If not correct then to ensure the proper steps are taken to see that it doesn’t happen again.
- To go over the menu prior to each meal and make sure that each Server and Assistant Server understands all the items.
- To ensure cleanliness and proper clean up after each meal, and big jobs once a month when needed.
- To be the last person out of the D/R after each meal to ensure that everything has been done properly.The D/R and kitchen are to be clean and the lights are to be turned off.
- To ensure that all proper steps are taken when dealing with food allergies.
- Ensures the proper amount of staff are scheduled for each shift.
- Keeping on top of inventory needs for the dining room and ordering items when needed.
- Fern Resort is an equal opportunity employer. Job plans for accessibility accommodation will be created when needed.
- A post - secondary educational background in the hospitality industry.
- Familiar with the food service area.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Pleasant appearance, outgoing and warm personality, along with stamina.
- Understands and enjoys working with young people.
- A Team Player.
- Have a Smart Server Certificate
- May be required to work elsewhere on the resort if needed.
Fern Resort is an equal opportunity employer. Job plans for accessibility accommodation will be created when needed on an individual basis.
Job Type: Full-time