Skretting is the world leader in the manufacture and supply of aquaculture feeds, making it an essential link in the feed-to-food chain. We apply our knowledge of ingredients and the nutritional needs of fish and shrimp to develop innovations that achieve optimum nutritional value, sustainable production and economic performance as we seek to fulfill our company-wide mission of ‘Feeding the Future’.
Currently, we are looking to fill an opening for Maintenance Supervisor at our St. Andrews, NB location. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position is responsible to ensure that plant equipment is running well through effective maintenance planning and supervision of staff.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain process equipment as required.
- Complete installations of maintenance and capital projects as required.
- Troubleshoot automation control system equipment with Plant Manager.
- Keep tools and other auxiliary equipment in an orderly and clean condition.
- Be proactive in identifying and advising on potential safety problems and/or repair.
- Maintain housekeeping standards (interior & exterior) for plant and site.
- Perform maintenance duties as required to support maintenance staff.
Reporting & Communication
- Communicate/report to Plant Manager all Maintenance content, deadlines and action plans.
- Ensure all manual/computer reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner:
- Preventive Maintenance Reports
- Update Capital Projects
- Purchase Orders
- Updated equipment records
- Conduct shift meetings with maintenance staff on a monthly schedule.
- Communicate maintenance priorities and set up action lists for all maintenance employees.
- Record in accident log and complete WCB forms as needed.
Productivity & Quality
- Coordinate and integrate with other plant functional areas to ensure support.
- Recommend improvements in equipment or methods.
- Assure work quality.
- Exercise considerable judgment in establishing job priorities for breakdown repairs.
- Ensure plant machinery is well maintained and operates according to design..
- Take necessary action to eliminate delays and ensure adherence to production and shipping schedules.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and breakdown repairs.
- Meet with the Production Shift Supervisor on a daily basis to plan maintenance in accordance with production requirements.
- Provide direction to subcontractors working on site.
Health and Safety
- Ensure all Maintenance staff have proper health & safety equipment and training.
- Participate in and promote the Joint Health and Safety program.
The Ideal candidate will:
- Be a proven leader with strong interpersonal skills.
- Be able to operate under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Communicate and deal with various stakeholders with tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively manage user requests and translate to a plan of action.
- Be able to prioritize user requests based on current need and budgets.
- Adapt to a flexible work style and willingly assist other functions where needed.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Formal training in preventative maintenance is required.
- Experience in maintenance techniques, methodology and applications along with two recent years of related experience are an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer systems at a high level of skill to produce reports, graphics, drawings, and spreadsheets and manipulate databases.
As a member of the Skretting team, you can expect:
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Participation in our annual bonus program
- Career and personal development opportunities
- Annual employee events
- An organization that supports the local community
If you would like to join a progressive international company in a rapidly growing industry, please forward your cover letter and resume today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Supervisor: 3 years (Required)