The Shift Manager is a front line customer service representative for DYMON Storage, with responsibilities for sales, administration, maintenance, the professional delivery of exceptional customer experiences and the ongoing promotion of the DYMON brand. During one of two rotating shifts, each Shift Manager serves as the “person in charge” (PiC) of the facility and oversees daily activities, supervising and supporting the Store Associates and handling any issues that arise with customers.
· Achieving targets established by management for leasing and sales of ancillary services by:
o Leasing storage space to meet specific customer requirements;
o Promoting and selling ancillary DYMON services such as DYMONMine, DYMONBox, DYMONDoc, DYMONShred, DYMONVault and DYMON on Demand
o Selling retail boxes and moving supplies.
o Providing ongoing guidance and assistance to customers in their use of storage space.
· Serves as the next level of authority in dealing with customer issues.
· Ensures that commercial customer leads are referred to DYMON Business Solutions.
· Performs data entry related to customer information, leases, payments, changes, move-outs and cancellations.
· Assigns responsibility for, or performs routine cleaning, as required to maintain the DYMON standard of care and cleanliness; carries out regular inspections and creates service requests as required for IT, communications and facilities management.
· Arrives before the store opening time and stays on site after closing to ensure all opening and closing activities, including sign-in and sign-out of Store Associates and other on site employees, are completed on time and recorded.
· Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures and all applicable legal/statutory requirements including health and safety, human rights and labour standards.
· Prepares quarterly and annual Performance Evaluations for Store Associates; assists with creating development plans and makes recommendations for ongoing training.
· Produces Shift Notes to thoroughly advise and inform the second shift and the District Manager/Director of issues and activities that are important to enable the seamless delivery of exceptional customer experiences.
· Completes Incident Reports in accordance with Corporate Policy for all unusual events/accidents to inform the second shift and senior management of that any customer and employee issues are addressed, corrective action is taken and preventative measures are implemented to avoid similar incidents in the future.
· Works with Store Associates to undertake rent collections; provides District Manager/Director with recommendations for legal action; oversees activities related to lien administration.
· Prepares daily cash receipts for bank deposits; authorizes retail sales refunds; administers the petty cash fund; and requisitions storage move-out refunds.
· Completes the scheduled inventory count on a weekly basis and requisitions new inventory to keep the store stocked at all times.
· Books trucks and movers for customer move-ins and move-outs.
· Compiles information and submits prescribed reports to the District Manager/Director.
· Proudly represent, promote and protect the DYMON Storage brand.
· Actively contribute to providing our customers with exceptional value and experiences that consistently exceed expectations.
· Supervise and support the Store Associates.
· Deliver seamless transitions between shifts.
· Assist the District Manager/Director in achieving overall business objectives.
· Take pride in the position, develop a sense of ownership for the store, demonstrate passion for the role and build a successful career.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, in person and on the telephone, in English and French (preferably)
· Proven track record in sales with consistent success in meeting or exceeding expectations.
· Computer proficiency with a Windows Operating System, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Superior customer service skills as evidenced by references and commendations.
· Demonstrates high energy and positive engagement
· Training in Conflict Resolution; knowledge of WHMIS and AODA.
Education & Experience:
· College diploma or University degree in a business program (marketing, communications, public relations). The education requirement may be overlooked in favor of relevant work experience.
· Five years experience in retail/service industry, one year experience as a DYMON Store Associate.
Rated Competencies for this Position:
· Customer Focus
· Problem Solving
· Pride of Ownership
· Process Compliance
· Sales Focus
· Directing Others
· Integrity & Trust
Physical Demands & Environment:
· This role requires a high level of physical mobility. Shift Managers are required to inspect the property (interior and exterior), clean the building and equipment, operate a ride-on floor scrubbing machine and conduct customer tours. Periodically Shift Managers may be required to assist with the lifting and moving of articles for customers, the retail operation, DYMONMine and/or DYMONBox.
· Shift Managers are required to maintain a professional, well groomed appearance at all times in accordance with the company policy. DYMON will provide uniforms and name tags which shall be worn at all times while on duty. Care and maintenance of uniforms is the responsibility of the employee.
· Shift Managers must be available for shift work.
· Shift Managers must have a valid Drivers License; may be required to operate Fleet vehicles.
· DYMON Storage is proud to give back to the community and support local, national and international charities. All employees are encouraged to participate in community events and charitable activities organized by DYMON, or through independent involvement.
Expected start date: 2021-08-09
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,400.00-$35,500.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail Management: 1 year (preferred)