If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Manager, IT Operations to join our Technology and Innovation Team based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Access to virtual healthcare 24/7 for FREE through the group health benefit plan
- RRSP program (with employer matching)
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Access to thousands of vendors offering perks and discounts through our WorkPerks program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Provides leadership and oversight to all departmental activities to ensure compliance to policies, procedures, and applicable legislation
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates the work of the team; outlining work assignments.
- Supports the planning, design, and deployment of core IT systems for the corporation.
- Ensures effective support of core systems to meet or exceed the requirements of our operations.
- Maintains accurate documentation for policy and support procedures.
- Manages end user lifecycle planning activities including the formulation of a multi year IT asset evergreen plan.
- A leader for Cyber Security and ensures data protection and privacy is consider for all of our systems, managing major service interruptions
- Drive continuous improvement to reduce operational inefficiencies and cost
- Drive best practice ITIL operational processes Contributes to the broader departmental planning activities.
- Manages costs and financial activities according to agreed upon budgets.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related field of study
- 3-5 years in an IT Leadership capacity
- 5-7 years in technical roles of increasing complexity
- Experience in a large enterprise organization spanning multiple provinces
- Designation in ITILv3 or v4; certification or equivalent experience in Cyber Security practices; CISM, CISSP designation considered an asset.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For 35 years, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, and a home care division of team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.