Full Time Contract from March 4, 2019 to December 31, 2019
Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development (PKED) is a non-profit corporation responsible for the delivery of economic development and tourism services on behalf of the City of Peterborough and County of Peterborough. We play a leadership and strategic role in developing the economic capacity of the Peterborough region. It is our task to serve visitors, promote tourism and encourage businesses to stay, expand and invest in Peterborough & the Kawarthas.
We have a team of dynamic professionals that offer economic expertise that identifies growth opportunities, provides services to existing ventures, and attracts new companies and visitors by sharing the region’s competitive advantages.
The Business Advisory Centre (BAC) is one of 57 Small Business Enterprise Centres in the Province of Ontario and is a division of PKED, serving as an entrepreneur’s first point of contact with the business support community. Services, consultations, tools and resources are offered free of charge in order to help startups and small businesses succeed.
The Corporate Digital Media Coordinator achieves PKED’s corporate mission by coordinating the promotion of Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development (PKED) and the services we offer to targeted regional, national and global markets.
You also work collaboratively within the Corporate Marketing & Communications Team to market corporate programs and initiatives through an online presence and social media. Your work ultimately leads to jobs and helps Peterborough & the Kawarthas become a thriving economy, resulting in regional prosperity.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Coordinate Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development Digital Media marketing:
- Oversee and monitor internal and external social media outlets to build engagement and identify current trends in targeted sectors.
- Follow brand guidelines and design/create digital marketing campaigns and documents.
- Uses basic to intermediate graphic design skills and tools to create graphics for social media, web and print-ready documents.
- Assist in the development and execution of the annual corporate social media content calendar with input from staff.
- Actively identify external stories that link with PKED’s corporate business plan and create content to promote via social media channels.
- Review and approve all outgoing corporate social media correspondence.
- Coordinate the strategy and setup of all paid digital media campaigns.
- Drive consistent, relevant leads from our social network to convert traffic with calls-to-action.
- Understand and execute metric based reporting within each social channel.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks and opportunities to reach our target market.
- Assist Economic Development Officers in using CMS to add sector specific content to websites.
- Monitor and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting for PKED websites based on click-through rates, traffic, and conversions.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on digital return on investment.
- Work with the Corporate Marketing/Communications team to assist in:
- Execution of social media and digital advertising programs for identified audiences.
- Development and implementation of:
- The annual corporate marketing and communications plan.
- Marketing programs and materials that comply with corporate brand guidelines.
- Social media campaigns that are in compliance with corporate social media usage guidelines.
- Update timely information and seasonal images on Corporate Websites that pertains to Program activities.
- Incorporate and assist in organizing photography and videography components for digital media platforms.
Provide strategic input and achieve your annual work plan:
- Provide input to the Director of Tourism and Communications regarding corporate digital and social media marketing during annual strategic planning.
- Develop and get approval of your annual work plan according to corporate calendar timelines.
- Work effectively and efficiently to achieve your annual work plan on budget and on time. Proactively identify challenges and recommend solutions throughout the year.
- Actively participate in your individual performance review and demonstrate work that lives the corporate values and follows corporate policies and procedures.
Customer service and relationship building:
- Represent and promote corporate programs and services at external functions with partners.
- Support work with key partners that helps achieve strategic goals.
- Maintain strong relationships with city, county, council, and senior government officials.
- Deliver exceptional internal and external customer service at every stage in the process.
- Respond to internal and external requests for information in a timely manner.
Skills fundamentally linked to corporate values:
- Build team trust by showing confidence in others abilities, listening and communicating openly.
- Demonstrate strong presentation and communication skills with multiple audiences.
- Show respect for others and welcome diversity.
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- Lead and contribute positively and productively to teamwork.
- Engage in and encourage healthy debate that helps build stronger outcomes.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking as well as taking calculated risks.
- Think and work strategically; succeed by having focus. Keep an eye on the big picture as well as quality details of work.
- Stay motivated at work by aligning it with your life and values. Develop sustainable ways to deliver on task and on time.
- Reward others’ effort and celebrate successes.
- Demonstrated ability in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator CS5 or higher
- Advanced knowledge of social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube and Instagram
- Enhanced skills in photography and ability to provide portfolio of images
- Experience with Sprout Social social media management software
- Demonstrated creative writing skills established through journalism or other similar venue
- Knowledge and experience with:
- Social media advertising and Google Adwords
- CMS (Specifically Wordpress)
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC application
- HTML or CSS coding
- Google Analytics, SEO, SEM and other reporting tools
- Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor and CRM systems
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in Internet and/or Social Media Marketing, Communications, Creative Advertising or equivalent.
Please send your application (PDF or Word document) to Barbara van Vierzen, Director of Operations by 4:00 pm, January 28, 2019.
Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development is an equal opportunity employer.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Information is collected solely
for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of
Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Thank-you to all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)
- Wordpress, HTML or Css coding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sprout Social social media management software: 1 year (Preferred)
- social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube: 1 year (Preferred)
- Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor and CRM systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Google Analytics, SEO, SEM and other reporting tools: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (Required)
- graphic design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers Licence G (Required)