VanMar Constructors is a well-established, and highly respected design-build General Contractor and Developer specializing in multi-residential, high rise, midrise, institutional and mixed-use projects. VanMar Constructors seeks an Assistant Controller to join their Cambridge office.
As a growing company, VanMar is looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within the organization. The candidate will report directly to the President and Controller and will become an integral part of the accounting/finance function for our Ontario based operations. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for performing and overseeing a broad range of accounting responsibilities
- Direction of daily accounting operations including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash Management
- Providing cost data and supporting information to project management and estimating team
- Review and maintain General Ledger and Job Cost accounts/sub ledgers, investigate unusual transactions or unexpected account balances. Analysis to help formulate budgets and identify potential cost savings.
- Assist with finance function for development based projects including monthly finance draw reports
- Prepare financial reports including, job cost, cash flow and profit projections
- Assist with preparation of yearend files, prepare working papers, reconciliations, respond to questions of external accountants
- Establish, coordinate and enforce project specific accounting procedures
- Identify opportunities for improvement to increase efficiency and strengthen internal controls
- Post-secondary degree
- CPA designation
- Minimum of 7 years accounting experience
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience (construction or manufacturing is preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and prioritize among a multitude of tasks.
- Organized with an attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to direct, lead and manage staff
- Self- motivated, with a willingness to perform outside of their job description.
- Strong computer literacy, advanced Excel skills, working experience with Timberline/Sage 300 Construction Software would be an asset.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits including a Health Spending Account.
- Three weeks’ vacation
VanMar recognizes and values the contributions of all its employees to building projects of the highest quality. As a result our Company has become a trusted and reputable builder throughout Ontario and British Columbia. To learn more about our company please visit our website http://vanmarconstructors.com . If you are interested in this Assistant Controller position please submit your resume for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 7 years (Required)