Customer Service Technician
Are you passionate about providing an excellent customer service experience?
Do you prefer physical work over working at a desk all day?
Execulink is searching for a full-time Customer Service Technician for our team in Burgessville!
As a Customer Service Technician, you will be responsible for installation and repair of our core services. This primarily includes voice, data and video over fibre optics, but may occasionally include other mediums such as copper and wireless solutions.
What We Offer
· A company provided cellphone and laptop to perform work duties
· A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement savings, health & wellness program, employee discount plan, tuition reimbursement program & interest free computer loans!
· Two weeks of paid vacation time
· A rewarding, challenging, and fun place to work, and all of the benefits that go along with it!
· Permanent full-time, forty (40) hours per week.
· Regular hours 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Monday to Friday
· Must have ability to work flexible hours outside of the regular hours as demanded by the system. This includes some early mornings & being part of an on-call rotation schedule.
As part of our team you will have the following job duties
· Complete installation and repair of our services for residential and corporate customers, while adhering to all safety standards
· Promote and explain equipment and services by demonstration and discussion
· Underground cable locating and reporting
· Prepare plans, time sheets, repair work orders and other reports as necessary, using standard abbreviation and field or function codes
· Ensure vehicles and all equipment are properly maintained at all times
· Any other duties as may be assigned
· Ability to handle the physical aspects of the job which include working at heights, climbing on residential/commercial rooftops, working off of ladders, consistently lifting and carrying up to fifty (50) pounds, clearly identifying cable colours, running and mounting of hardware/cabling, as well as working in adverse weather conditions
· Confident with using power tools such as drills
· Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft products
· Must have a valid Class G Driver’s License, clean driving record and your own reliable vehicle
· Proven ability to perform required responsibilities independently, with limited supervision and direction, within a fast-paced, changing environment
· Must be open to completing and passing the following training: Fall Arrest, Emergency First Aid and Ladder Training
· Knowledge in telecommunication services, with a primary focus on fibre services, as well as related test equipment is an asset
· Fibre splicing and testing is an asset
How to Apply
· In your cover letter tell us why you think you would excel as a member of our team!
· Submit your cover letter and resume in confidence for review.
Execulink is conducting all interviews through video chat in order to comply with COVID-19 precautionary measures and government-regulated social distancing.
At Execulink Telecom, the largest locally owned independent telecom company in Southwestern Ontario, our only goal is to enhance your lifestyle at home, work and play. As we grow rapidly, we have an unwavering commitment to continue to build a positive team, with a friendly, family spirited approach. The selection of exceptional talent is important to us! When you join Execulink, you’re joining a team that’s focused on not only providing an AWESOME experience to our customers, but to our employees as well. We live and breathe our Mission, Vision and Values, and are searching for individuals who are excited to contribute and do the same!
Execulink Telecom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to commute to Burgessville?
- Secondary School (required)
- cable installation: 1 year (preferred)
- G Class Driver's License (required)