Job title :
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is seeking a permanent full time Business Systems Analyst is beautiful Kamloops, BC.
This position will support our financial systems (Meditech) with focus on Accounts Receivable. Experience with large scale ERP systems, SQL, large data sets and complex business rules is a definite asset. This position requires a person who is a quick learner, able to adapt quickly between competing priorities, work independently, and adjust quickly between workload priorities.
The Business Systems Analyst evaluates, plans, implements and maintains computerized business systems, which support health care financial and management information needs throughout Interior Health according to established policies, procedures and standards. Job priorities and objectives are developed in conjunction with designated Management representatives and the Manager (or designate).
Shifts are Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:00.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts needs assessments for assigned business service areas/department; liaises with members of the assigned areas/departments, care providers and hardware, software and peripheral vendors to resolve problems and/or recommends modification to and/or new systems ensuring effective cost efficient system(s) implementation, maintenance and evaluation.
2. Determines ongoing information needs, implements system changes and provides support related to applicable computer applications.
3. Installs, configures, supports and maintains applications and overall integration of computerized business systems throughout Interior Health.
4. Serves as the primary contact person for assigned business service area(s) regarding applications and interface issues and secondary contact for business applications Meditech, Microsoft, etc.
5. Develops proposals for modification and/or enhancement of vendor business applications and liaises with vendors to oversee installation, testing and problem resolution/debugging of program coding.
6. Designs, develops, implements and evaluates computerized business dictionaries, databases and reports using vendor software applications.
7. Plans, implements and evaluates educational training requirements and provides related training to meet the learning needs of users within the assigned business service areas/departments with respect to (a) education of new users and (b) the continuing education of users regarding items such as system upgrades and new technology.
8. Provides input to the Coordinator related to capital budget and renovation items as required.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
How Will You Create Impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Apply today!
Skills and Abilities:
- A degree or diploma program in Computer Science.
- Two years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.