Exciting opportunity to join the fabulous team at Elizabeth Bagshaw Clinic as a Nurse Practitioner!
We are passionate about reproductive justice and access to abortion care and are looking for like minded people to join our team.
Elizabeth Bagshaw Clinic (EBWC) is a registered charity and non-profit, accredited medical facility committed to providing reproductive and abortion services in a safe and confidential community-based setting. The Clinic is a contracted agency with the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority.
About the position:
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a new position created for the clinic. We are looking for a talented practitioner who is interested in taking on this part time role to make the job their own. Long term, we hope to make this a full-time position.
The Nurse Practitioner provides medicine abortion care, contraception management, PAP and STI testing, and prescribes medications in accordance with the provincial regulatory standards, limits, and conditions, and employer policies and procedures.
This role is responsible for providing clinical leadership to deliver client-centred, trauma-informed care to those seeking abortion and other reproductive health support and services.
The Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement population and evidence-based strategies to improve abortion and reproductive health care services. The role participates in policy-making activities, quality improvement and assurance processes, patient safety and clinical incident reviews.
Please note this is a .5 FTE position (work hours can be flexible).
The salary is $50,000/year and includes benefits
Education, Training and Experience
- Current applicable registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC)
- Completion of a CRNBC approved master’s degree level nurse program or successful completion of an approved Prior Learning Assessment and Review (PLAR) process
- Recent relevant clinical nursing experience
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experienceExperience with assessment and treatment of vulnerable populations an asset
- Willingness to complete Society of Obstetrician and Gynaecology of Canada’s and National Abortion Federation training modules along with becoming familiar with the Contraception and Abortion Research Team
Skills and Abilities
- Client-centred and trauma-informed practice and philosophy
- Ability to lead and work within a trans-disciplinary team
- Strong commitment to reproductive justice and choice
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team verbally and in writing
- Acts with integrity and trust; building a team environment and demonstrates accountability
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
Staff are wearing PPE and not attending work if unwell.
- nurse practitioner: 1 year (Preferred)