Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week:
Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to the highest global standards. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western attracts individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community. Since 1878, The Western Experience has combined academic excellence with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our communities.
To advance the mission of the Ivey Business School by generating a significant financial contribution to the school’s budget.
The Development Assistant plays a key role in supporting the Advancement goals of the Ivey Business School by providing critical administrative support, including research and information management, for donor-facing advancement professionals to allow them to focus and prioritize their efforts on achieving their goals. The role acts as a point of contact by providing customer service for alumni, friends and donors, produces correspondence and mailings, and manages multiple priorities to ensure that work is completed within deadlines.
- 2 year Community College Diploma in a Business related discipline
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2 years' administrative experience supporting senior management and providing relationship management with external clients, including senior executives
- Experience in a fundraising environment coordinating projects and events preferred
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills with the proven ability to effectively manage competing priorities and the complexities involved in coordinating activities of senior level management
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and adjust to changing priorities frequently
- Ability to establish and build professional working relationships and partnerships with clients, peers and external stakeholders
- Exceptional customer service skills, with sound judgement and the ability to respond to internal and external clients (e.g. donors, alumni, corporate partners) in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Strong record of teamwork with the motivation and ability to work independently with little supervision, including successfully coordinating projects and events
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging and professional communications and documents (e.g. presentations, brochures, proposals) from concepts provided by others
- Possess a reputation for resourcefulness with the ability to exercise independent judgement and flexibility
- Demonstrated confidence in leveraging knowledge and conveying department goals in securing meetings for senior Advancement team members
- Proven ability to work in a manner that is compliant with confidentiality requirements
- Intermediate proficiency required in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) in order to prepare formal correspondence, emails and memos, and to input departmental data into spreadsheets and databases, with an aptitude to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Knowledge of fundraising practices is considered an asset
Western welcomes applications from all qualified individuals; however, it is the university's policy to give first consideration to all qualified UWOSA applicants.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.