Job Posting #:
Medical Lab Assistant (2 Positions Available)
Laboratory - Specimen Procurement
Internal employees must apply by midnight on December 1, 2020.
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara's Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
- Blood collection including micro puncture
- Perform ECG's
- Specimen accessioning, specimen set up
- Referred out specimen packing, result data entry - Preliminary Unverified
- Inventory control including assessment, receiving, storage and supply management
- Equipment Maintenance
- Keyboarding skills an asset
- Must be able to work days, evenings and nights
- Other duties may include computer entry, answering telephone and other tasks within the scope of a Laboratory Assistant III
- Graduate of Laboratory Assistant course, preferably with certification by the OSMT (with the prerequisite of an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma)
- Experience in blood collection by venous and micro-puncture or completion of a certified laboratory assistant course with practical training in venipuncture is required
- Experience in a Laboratory department required, preferably in a hospital setting
- Experience performing ECG's required
- High level of organizational and time management skills; and excellent written and verbal observational and communication skills
- Demonstrated effective documentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality, availability and performance required
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #200994. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
JBH is committed to and supports practices that are inclusive. HR will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested.
Should you require accommodation through the application and/or recruitment process, please contact HR for assistance at email@example.com or at Ext. 4129 to allow opportunity for appropriate accommodations to be made.