Genuine Tire is looking for AUTO TECH APPRENTICES at our New Brantford Ontario location. We offer a fast-paced environment and competitive wages. Above all, successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to providing first-class service to any and all customers.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay plan along with a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Employee benefits.
- Tools for success include ongoing training and management support.
- Provide opportunities for career growth within our organization.
- Hourly Wage will be discussed in chosen for a interview.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to the Master Mechanic, you will assist diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair vehicles in the shop.
- Diagnose and perform comprehensive assembly, vehicle maintenance, and repairs.
- Perform a visual inspection of vehicles and recommend service/repairs as required.
- Communicate vehicle repair/maintenance needs to service team.
- Road testing of vehicles.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A copy a Certificate of Apprenticeship for your trade. OR your Trade Equivalency.
- Own Tools/Equipment.
- Steel-toed safety boots.
- A valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract are required.
Security and Safety
1 to 3 years Apprentice Mechanic.
Be Coach-able and the ability to communicate; Estimate parts and labor costs; Provide customer service.
Area of Specialization
All common transmission types; Engine repair and overhaul; Diagnostics; Gas & Diesel engines; Automatic transmission; Fuel and emission system; Brake system; Hydraulic system; Oil, Lube and Filters and Tire repair and replacement.
Above all, you must be customer oriented and have a strong mechanical aptitude with the willingness to perform a wide range of repair and maintenance tasks.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods
Automotive Service Technician Specific Skills:
Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements; Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems; Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor; Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components.
Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
- Fun environment!
- Growing company!
- Very good benefits!
- Continuous training and learning environment!
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Journeyman (Preferred)
- Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)