Chamco has an opportunity for you to join our team of outstanding, talented employees. Due to growth and increased workload, we are looking for skilled mechanical tradespeople for installation, start up, and preventative maintenance & repair of industrial air compressors and pumps.
What We Do
Chamco is a global leader of air compressor and pump solutions and has the expertise to handle projects no matter the size or location. Since 1962, we have consistently grown operations through long-term partnerships with customers, investing in staff and facilities, and continuously expanding our expertise and offerings to new industries, projects, and locations.
Chamco is the exclusive Western Canada distributor of Peerless Pump products. We also supply a wide selection of industrial pump solutions (including pumps, parts and accessories) to meet the diverse needs of our customers.
Industrial Air Compressors
Chamco offers a wide selection of superior-quality, industrial air compressor solutions for any application, across all industries. We are the exclusive Western Canada distributor of Sullair air compressors, and also a supplier of Vanair air compressors.
Chamco has over six decades of experience in providing innovative solutions in custom build engineered systems. Some of these systems include Floating Pump Stations and Barges, Air Compressor Packages, or Fire/Fuel/Water Pump Systems. More information about our products and offerings can be found on our website.
What We Offer
- Competitive Wages: Negotiable based on experience and skill set
- Safety Minded Company
- Factory Training Continuous Development – Mentored on the job training
- Apprenticeship Training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Service Vehicle
- Per Diems for Travel
- Boot Allowance
- Excellent Comprehensive Benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Monday to Friday – Enjoy weekends off!
What We Are Looking For
The role of Field Service Technician is of vital importance to Chamco. Service Technicians complete field installations, perform site rebuilds, service and maintain equipment, complete warranty repairs, and troubleshoot equipment performance issues for air compressors, air dryers, pumps and other related equipment at customer site locations.
We are looking for tradespeople with the following qualifications:
- Apprentice or Red Seal Certified inMillwright, Automotive Mechanic, Electrical Motor Technician, Machinist or Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Experienced in PM & Repairs / Installations with strong mechanical skills
- Strong diagnostic skills with an ability to understand and interpret pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical drawings/schematics
- Valid Class 5 AB License
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Valid Passport for Training in USA
- On Call Rotation with occasional after hours callout
- Commitment to following safety standards and procedures
- Travel to customers occasionally in Alberta
- Alcohol and Drug Free work place
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Must be able to travel within AB and in the United States occasionally for factory training. There is 1 week out of town travel per month and remaining time is a combination of travel to local sites and shop work.
- Service Technicians must supply their own hand tools up to 7/8”, including a proper compliment of tools as requested.
- All work is to be performed in a safe manner and in accordance with the company HSE policies.
- All employees must understand and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Clean drivers abstract must be provided at time of hire and annual driver’s abstracts are required.
- Must be able to complete Drug & Alcohol testing.
For more information about Chamco, please visit our website at www.chamco.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company car
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T6N 1A2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Are you an Apprentice or Red Seal Certified?
- What is your trade?
Work Location: In person