Pals Geomatics Corp. is a Professional Alberta Land Surveying firm that has been in business since 1983. As a multi-discipline firm of over 80 staff, including 6 Alberta Land Surveyors and 2 Canada Land Surveyors, we have dedicated most of our efforts serving the municipal, construction, resource development and housing sectors.
Pals Geomatics Corp. is looking for an ambitious individual who is seeking a Survey Assistant position in a growing Edmonton Land Surveying Company.
This position is responsible for assisting the Party Chief in conducting field surveys.
- Assist Party Chief with field survey work.
- Finding and digging for evidence.
- Drawing sketches and taking photos.
- Setup of RTS / GNSS / Digital Level.
- Procedures of Stakeouts / RPR’s / Grading.
- Procedures of Acreage & Wild Stakeouts / Wild RPR.
- Procedures of Commercial RPR, Commercial Grade Cert., and Topographic Surveys.
- Procedures of Subdivision and Condominium Surveys.
- Procedures of Commercial, Industrial, and Oil Field Construction.
- Represent Pals in a professional and respectful manner.
- Ensure properties are left exactly how they were when you arrived.
- Be engaged with and proactively advance the Pals Health and Safety program.
- Ensure all safety equipment is in use.
- Ensure proper use and care of survey equipment and vehicles.
- Maintain supplies and resources to ensure field availability.
- Some out of town work may be required.
- Attention to Detail
- Personal Accountability
- Problem Solving Ability
- A high school diploma is required.
- NAIT Geomatics/Civil Engineering an asset.
- Experience in Builder Services (House Stakeouts, RPRs, Grading).
- Valid driver's license (Class 5) is required.
- Safety training (CSTS, First Aid, WHMIS, Ground Disturbance etc.) is required and will be provided as necessary.
- Pals Geomatics Corp. offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive pay.
Thank you for your application and interest in Pals Geomatics Corp., however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.50-$19.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off