At Tradition we produce bakery and snack products to the world’s premier Food Companies and Brands. Located in Scarborough, Ontario, we have over 37 years of experience in baking croissants, muffins, bars, and pastries. Our success comes from our diverse and talented team of over 400 people. As we continue to grow, Tradition is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for success and a love of baked goods.
How you will contribute
You are responsible for the efficient smooth running of the production machine(s) assigned on a given shift, according to established procedures, following all safety protocols and workplace policies.
As an Operator you will:
- Perform assignments in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to this position in accordance with SQF policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Comply with the GMP rules and standards.
- Refer to procedural instructions appropriate for each job, function or assignment before commencing work.
- Perform any specified quality assurance checks designated for each job, function or assignment.
- Follow work rules, work independently, be flexible and willing to perform a variety of jobs.
- Maintain good housekeeping and clean work areas in assigned work sites.
- Assure that assigned work is performed in accordance with specifications, instructions and requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to meet production standards on specific assignments within a reasonable time, depending on the degree of difficulty of their job functions.
What will make you successful
- 2 - 5 years of experience as a Machine Operator, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Effective communications skills (oral & written).
- Time management skills.
- Critical eye for identifying defects and attention to details.
- Commitment to quality and safety.
- · Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
More about this role…
Work schedule:Two-week rotation of days, evenings, and nights. Monday to Friday.
- You may be required to stand/sit for long periods of time.
- You may engage in frequent bending, stooping or squatting.
- Due to the environment, you must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions which include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
- You must be able to work in tight or enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to perform some heavy lifting.
Internal applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All internal applications must be submitted through your direct Supervisor/ Manager at TFF.
Tradition is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. We will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person