Exceptional Care–Exceptional People
By choosing to work at Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS), you are joining an organization with more than 130 years of making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve throughout our communities. We value Care, Accountability, Respect and Equity, and we are working together to build a healthier community!
At BCHS, we are focused on delivering safe, high quality care and customer service every day. It is our exceptional people who make that happen – our people are the reason BCHS is such an awesome place to work! We recognize and reward our teams, support continuing education and provide ongoing opportunities for meaningful growth and development.
This is a great time to consider joining BCHS – come be part of our story!
Job Perks for Employees at BCHS:
- Competitive Wages within a health care environment
- Benefits for Regular Full-Time and pay in lieu of benefits for Part-time/Temporary staff
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – HOOPP
- Centralized Education Fund
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounted parking available
Effective September 7th, 2021 all applicants must provide proof of full vaccination against Covid-19 (in the form of watermark receipts from the provincial portal) or provide written proof of a medical or religious reason for not being fully vaccinated as per the provincial direction as set out by the CMOH Directive 6.
The RN demonstrates clinical competency in assessing patients presenting to the Emergency Department and experiencing mental health crisis or concerns. Through the use of mental status exam, risk assessments and patient evaluation the RN must demonstrate the ability to liaise with the patient, family, community service providers and other BCHS care teams. Reporting to the Clinical Manager, Inpatient Mental Health, Medication Clinic and ERMH Triage, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing comprehensive, evidenced based, safe, effective and ethical nursing care to all clients within the Mental Health and Emergency Department Services.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university nursing program
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current two (2) years’ experience in a mental health setting
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Demonstrated ability to work within a Mental Health Patient Care Delivery system in which regulated health care professionals practice to their full scope adhering to practice standards as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proven critical thinking skills, creative problem solver with a solution focus and patient centred approach
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and use effective interpersonal skills with colleagues and other members of the BCHS and community partners
- Ability to set priorities and multi task in a high intensity and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to fully participate in care planning and enactment for identified high risk patients
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Health Care Consent Act and Patient Advocate System
- Working knowledge of the Resident Assessment Instrument and the associated outcome measurements.
- Demonstrated competence in patient assessment and care planning including but not limited to:
- Completion of comprehensive (systems based) patient assessments, identification and prioritization of critical patient needs, collaborative care planning with clients and families, implementation of nursing interventions, evaluation and documentation.
- Ability to perform a full Mental Status Assessment
- Ability to perform full Crisis Risk Assessments
- Ensuring a discharge plan is part of the individualized plan of care
- Engaging patient and family in health teaching to achieved desired patient outcomes
- Physically capable of performing the full scope of responsibilities
- Reliable individual with excellent attendance record and able to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays
- CPMHN designation through Canadian Nurses Association an asset
- Member of RNAO an asset
- Self-directed individual with the ability to work both independently and in partnership with members of the inter professional team
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and personal development in nursing
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to be a coach, teacher and mentor to colleagues and students
Primary responsibilities also include:
Safety (patient, worker & workplace) is a BCHS Corporate Priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions.
The Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS) is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from women, members of racialized groups, visible minorities, Indigenous l persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientation and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
To ensure there is equal opportunity during the recruitment and selection process, BCHS provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $33.90-$47.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability