Location: Sparwood, BC, CA
Reporting to the Supervisor, Mining Systems, the Senior Analyst, Mining Systems is responsible for working in a high performing team of professionals that deliver and maintain leading edge digital mining technology that is transforming the way Teck operates its large-scale mining operations worldwide. Technologies include autonomous and tele-remote equipment, rugged mobile computers, and systems to optimize fleet productivity, compliance to plan, geotechnical monitoring, and operator safety. This position offers a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off, and comes with a competitive pay and benefits package.
The mining systems team is responsible for a large portfolio of business-critical systems that are used to optimize the safety, productivity, and environmental sustainability of Teck’s mining operations. The successful candidate will collaborate with innovative software, hardware, and service suppliers to develop, deliver and maintain these systems. This team provides technical leadership for projects in the $50K to $5M range. Annual value of business impacted by these projects may exceed $15 million.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Identify, deliver, and maintain digital mining systems across all Teck operations prioritizing safe production. Systems include equipment automation and tele-remote, fleet management, high precision guidance, geotechnical monitoring, and operator safety among others
- Develop and leverage relationships across Teck operations and corporate offices to facilitate alignment of objectives, and encourage communication and collaboration between operations in all geographic regions
- Apply organizational change management techniques to derive more value from existing technologies and ensure maximum adoption of new technologies
- Plan, develop, and support solutions to meet the business objectives of the Mine Operations, Engineering, and Operating Excellence departments at all Teck mining operations
- Mentor and coach a group of permanent and contract technology professionals
- Develop expertise and breadth of knowledge by performing cross-team support for other Operational Technology teams
- Adhere to the Teck Digital Systems change control and other policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain standards and documentation.
- Facilitate and support cyber-security improvements, incident response, and forensics
- Bachelors Degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of progressively senior level experience delivering and supporting information technology services in an industrial setting, preferably in mining
- Excellent program and project management skills and strong knowledge of business analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server Operating Systems, virtualization, Active Directory and computer networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals relating to wireless networking, firewalls, and knowledge of common network protocols
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with digital mining systems such as fleet management, high precision guidance, geotechnical monitoring, vehicle-mounted safety, or related systems
- Preference will be given to candidates with programming experience using Microsoft .NET C#/VB.NET, SQL Server, Python, shell scripting, or similar
- Leadership experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of with serial, CANBUS, and digital I/O interfaces would be an asset
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems would be an asset
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and the ability to maintain strong relationships with business partners, business management, and application users
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong cross-functional team participant and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work autonomously and within a highly distributed team environment
- Excellent analytical, root cause analysis, and problem solving skills
- Valid class five driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Working level Spanish would be an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent